Tuesday, August 07, 2018

{Spotlight Project} Monika Does Rainbow Stamping


Hello Crafty Friends! Today I'm sharing a few rainbow coloured projects inspired by one of the sentiments from the new Art Expressions stamp club set. Using a whole box of crayons would certainly make life delightfully colourful. Here are my cards:


It all started off with me trying out different tags/nesting dies to go with my sentiment. I decided to use the stitched tag from the Tag O'Coffee Dies and the two smaller ones of the Luggage Tags Nesting Dies.


Both had to be used as I couldn't make up my mind. First up was the stitched tag and my card on the left. I used one of the scribbles and started stamping, each time using a different colour.


I die-cut the rectangle from the same die set from white card, attached it to my tag and stamped the sentiment and crayons in black.


I stamped the box of crayons on a piece of scrap, watercoloured it with inks and stamped it with some splatters.


I then added some random splatters to my base card, attached the tag and crayons, added a doodled border and some little flowers.


I put the card to one side and started with the one using the nesting dies on the right. I cut my tags as shown below and kept the frame.


I placed the tags and frame in my stamping tool, arranged my stamps and picked them up with the lid.


For this way of rainbow stamping, one only needs to ink up part of the stamp. It is best to use small ink pads to do this. I started off using red for the crayons.


I then removed the crayon stamp and added a little orange to the bottom of the sentiment stamp, stamped, cleaned the stamp, inked it up with a bit of yellow and stamped again.


Having cleaned off the yellow, I repeated the process with green overlapping the area covered by yellow a little.


This was followed by blue.


After having stamped the purple, I removed the sentiment and stamped the little rays in pink.

TIP!: To avoid smudging, it is best to remove the stamps in stages once they aren't needed.


For the background, I simply stamped the box of crayons in grey.


After layering the tag on my base card, I decided that a couple of coloured scribbles would finish my card off.


Here are the finished projects. Well, I decided to round three of the corners on my first card. As for the second, you might have noticed that the tag is not the one from the photo tutorial. I is one I made earlier.


The one from the tutorial was simply layered on grey textured card. Here is a last look of all three of today's makes.


That's it from me for today. If you feel like reaching for your rainbow colours and do some stamping or make a project using any of the techniques or ideas shared by my teamies in their Spotlight Posts, make sure to link up your makes with our spotlight project gallery here.

Have a lovely day!
hugs
Monika xxx


Here is what I used from the STAMPlorations store:

preview-ArtExpressions  SheryRuss_Scribbly Splattery Grunge-preview 0preview-WanderlustHipsterIcons

preview-TagOCoffee-CUTplorations preview-stamplorations-luggagetags

Fancy getting an extra 20% off the store prices, you know that you can use my personal discount code STAMPGIRLMONIKA at check out. Have fun browsing and playing with STAMPlorations' wonderful products!

8 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)