Tuesday, August 21, 2018

{Spotlight Project} Monika Makes An 'Impossible Card'



Hello Crafty Friends! How about a little insight on how my desk usually looks? Well, the Art Expressions stamp club set is perfect for creating a little artist's studio impression. Rather than re-creating the look of my massage couch turned craft table, I used the impossible fold card idea as a base for lots of dimension, check it out.



I really don't know who invented this crazy fold, but I had lots of fun playing with it. My take on it is to use a die-cut label as base and add a pop-up element for one of the paint pots.

To start with, I made myself a template to work out how the fold works.



I cut the large Curly Labels/Tags Nesting Die and folded it in half.



I then cut one half down the center up to the fold line. I folded part of my template under to highlight which cut I am talking about.



The other half of the label got two cuts, again the piece is folded under to highlight where the cut were made.

You don't have to be absolutely precise with these as long as they are at a 90 degree angle to the center fold line.



Next, I picked up my card and flipped the right hand side towards me and around by 180 degrees. This makes the center piece pop up and creates the two gaps.



For my card base, I die-cut the large label from white card, covered both sides with matching paper and edged with matching pigment ink.



I used my template to mark the points as shown by the 'X'.



Using the three points as a guide, I aligned the label on my score board and scored the label as shown. You'll be able to see the pencil marks better when zooming in.



I then added my three cuts.



Next, I folded the center piece up along the score line as shown ....



... and flipped the right hand side over. My base card was now ready.



I stamped, coloured and fuzzy cut the paints and easel.



I die-cut the small Pierced Curly Frames/Tags Nesting Die and stamped it with some splatters.



I then added my sentiment and attached the label to the easel.



I doodled a border with my white gel pen and was now ready to add everything together. The paint palette keeps the flipped card in position. The little pop-up frame is in place to attach the second paint pot.

TIP!: For your card to fold flat once ready, fold the center bit (the one with the paint pot) flat towards the back when attaching the paint palette.



I also added a strip of acetate for more stability.



I finished off with some sequins and a touch of glitter.



There is also a little space for a message.





That's it from me for today. If you feel like making an 'Impossible Card', creating an artist's studio or make a project using any of the techniques or ideas shared by my teamies in their Spotlight Posts, make sure to link up your makes with our spotlight project gallery here.

Have a lovely day!
hugs
Monika xxx


Here is what I used from the STAMPlorations store:

  


Fancy getting an extra 20% off the store prices, you know that you can use my personal discount code STAMPGIRLMONIKA at checkout. Have fun browsing and playing with STAMPlorations' wonderful products!

10 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! This is outstanding!!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! I’ve seen these cards, but never understood it or why it’s called impossible. Thanks for the tutorial. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWWWW I really love this card! This would be a fantastic card to give to another crafty person who could put it on their craft desk so that they can get some crafty inspiration too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soooooooooooooo fabulous! TFS how you created your Impossible card - I have made them but not like this! Beautiful~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, cute card. Might give this a go. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I have been meaning to try this fold

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way you have taken the basic concept of this card and enhanced it so wonderfully
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)