Monday, January 21, 2019

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Mixed Media Card by MariLynn



To start out the New Year I want to inspire you with a really fun mixed media project.



I started my project by putting a combination of paint and reinkers onto a piece of parchment paper.



I rolled the paint with a brayer and rolled it on to my gelli plate.




While the paint was still fresh, I pressed an old texture plate onto the plate.



It left a cool impression on the paint.


These are the prints that I made along with the reverse prints and the cardstock that I used to clean the brayer. I used these prints to make my card.



I wanted to make some texture paste to use with my ARTploration stencils. I used equal parts of glue, white paint and baby powder.



I then added water slowly.



I added enough water until the paste looked like frosting.





I spread the paste over the stencil.



Here is what it looked when the paste dried.




I put some dark walnut stain onto my parchment paper. I used the stain and a paint brush to add color to the texture paste.




This is how the stained paste looked.




I added touches of metallic rub to the paste.



See the little bits of gold?



I then splattered some of the walnut stain onto the cardstock.



Next I stamped the lighthouse from TRUE NORTH set.

I stamped it onto one of the pieces that I cleaned the brayer on. I fussy cut it out.



I added some twine that I knotted.



I put a piece of cheesecloth behind the twine.



I stamped the compass from TRUE NORTH onto the same piece I did the lighthouse. I added some gold metallic rub. Then I fussy cut it out.



I used my hole punch to punch some starter holes so I could finish fussy cutting.




I put dimensionals on the back size of the compass...



...and dimensionals on the back of the lighthouse.



I used glue dots to add a gold key embellishment.



For the sentiment I stamped "Enjoy," "the journey" and "today", from the TRENDY BUTTERFLIES set.



With the New Year on of my resolutions is to take joy in each moment, not waiting for "some day" to be happy. I hope you were inspired by my project to create art.

7 comments:

  1. Marilynn - this turned out luscious! The recipient is going to love it - thanks for sharing your steps as well as the paste recipe -

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very gorgeous and I love all the fun details you added to make it so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - what a stunning result - love all the layers and textures on this piece.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved seeing this piece come together-Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)