Tuesday, January 29, 2019

{Spotlight Project} Shirley's Inspired By Layouts



Hi peeps! My latest obsession is page layouts, and how they might relate to cardmaking. For a while now I've been randomly pinning my favourite page layouts on Pinterest, and when I finally went back to look at my collection, there were definite themes in my choices. Splashes of colour in the focal area, lots of white space surrounding, black and white image, and some embellishments. So how could these elements transfer to cardmaking?


I started by stamping and colouring my images from Positive Vibes on spare card ready for cutting.


Never one to take the easy route, I was making two cards at once so that I could try out two ideas at the same time. For this first background I scraped Mini Distress inks along the panel.


For my other card I sponged the colours.


Then I added stamping and splattering to one


And splattering and torn washi tape to the other, with a bit of coloured stamping.


Then it was time to arrange my mini layout. 


I photographed both of them before sticking anything down.


When it came to actually sticking everything in place, I kept with the original arrangement for one card


but for the second card, I moved the XOXO to the bottom of the group.


How will you be inspired by page layouts? When you're shopping at the store, don't forget to use my code STAMPGIRLSHIRLEY to get 20% off stamps, stencils and dies.




11 comments:

  1. Such wonderful inspiration and a great idea to take a photo first. Love the layouts of both of your cards and the way you left the image uncoloured. Always so unique, great stamping and always so artsy....Thank you for the fabulous inspiration x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are awesome, great layout,color and design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to do 2 cards at the same time - lovely colors and like the distress inks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job! I like the washi tape one the best. I can see where you got the idea from a layout. Great job Shirley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many fun elements on this! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)