Tuesday, January 22, 2019

{Spotlight Project} Monika Re-discovers Aperture Cards - Part 2


Hello STAMPlorations Friends! It's Monika here sharing another aperture card, this time using layers too.
Aperture cards for me are as much about the inside as they are about the card front with a cutout bit to allow you to peep through to what lies beneath. I am using the current Stamp Club set Positive Vibes. with a little bit of help from the Curly Labels/Tags Nesting Dies.

Here is today's make:


Rather than adding a layer to the top of my card front, I decided to add it to its inside.

I stared off by cutting a piece of white card a little smaller than my folded base card and die-cut a label from it. I left the die in and traced its shape with a pencil onto my card front. I used my stamping tool with its magnets to keep the white card in place.


I then secured a larger label die to my card front using my pencil mark as guide and put it through my die-cutting machine.
TIP!: If you want to attach the layer to the top of your card front, simply cut the larger label from the white card and the smaller one from the coloured base card.


Next, I picked one of the floral stamps and clear embossed it on my card front.

TIP!: Clear embossing on coloured card gives a darker shade of colour and some nice texture as compared to simply stamping with Versamark.


To make it easier to align the inside layer, I first secured it with a couple of small pieces of low tack tape and then put a longer one across the top before removing the smaller ones.


I folded the inside layer back and added some glue as shown before flipping my piece of white card back and attaching it in place.


At this point I had to decide, if I wanted to go for a monochromatic or a contrasting look.


As you can see, I went for the contrasting look and attached a piece of pink card to the inside before stamping my sentiment through the aperture using Elegant Eggplant ink.


I finished off the inside with a stamped flower and doodled border.





That's it from me for today. If you feel like making an aperture card or a project using any of the techniques or ideas shared by my teamies in their Spotlight Posts, make sure to link up your makes with our spotlight project gallery here.

Have a lovely day!
hugs
Monika xxx


Here is what I used from the STAMPlorations store:
 preview-curlylabelstagsnestingdies

Fancy getting an extra 20% off the store prices, you know that you can use my personal discount code STAMPGIRLMONIKA at check out. Have fun browsing and playing with STAMPlorations' wonderful products!

8 comments:

  1. TFS all the photos and descriptions of your aperature card design, Monica. Your card turned out beautifully. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tutorial - this is a beautiful card. I like the white layer underneath the cover.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card and
    the window really
    stands out.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card! Thanks for the tutorial...can’t wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)