Thursday, January 24, 2019

{Spotlight Project} Maria Pairs Black & White With Warm Colors


Howdy STAMP friends!  I'm here today with another project for you using the new Stamp Club stamp, Positive Vibes. I was sooooo ready to get inky with non-holiday colors.


My goal was to incorporate the stamped images in black and white, with some nice warm and bright colors. Let's see what I did.

STEP 1
Gathered my supplies - scissors, Distress Oxides and and the Positive Vibes stamp set. I later chose to use black rather than white embossing powder.

STEP 2
Cut a panel of Neenah white CS to card size and stamped the window image. Stamped off on scrap paper and cut this one out to use as a mask. 

STEP 3
Masked and stamped until I my border was complete.

STEP 4
Then I masked all the stamped images and started to apply the oxide inks.

STEP 5
I applied the ink with a light hand, always starting from the masked images and swiping toward the right edge. I left the very right edge white. In the following photos you can see the results after 1) applying Fossilized Amber, 2) Abandoned Coral, 3) another layer of Fossilized Amber to blend and 4) Candied Apple. See how I use a piece of scrap paper to cover the area where I use my left hand to keep the panel from sliding around while inking? Smudge prevention, ya know?!?




STEP 6
Next I fussy cut around the left edge of the images. BTW Did anyone spot my "oops" yet?

STEP 7
I adhered the panel on a black cardbase for a more dramatic look. The last step was the sentiment which I decided to heat emboss onto vellum rather than directly onto the card.

Notice the extra white space to the right of the window image? Oops. Guess I forgot to trim a section of my mask!

Here's the final card again.

Hope you enjoyed my tutorial. Should you try out any of the techniques from our Spotlight posts, like fussy cutting a border of stamped images or pairing B/W with warm colors, be sure to hook up at our Spotlight Project Showcase

And should you find yourself placing an order soon, I'd love it if you used my STAMPGIRLMARIA code for an additional 20% off! 






8 comments:

  1. Like the black and white work using the color combination you've selected for the background. The black strip highlights the stamped image so well. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome looking with
    the pop of color mixed
    in.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great showcase project. Love the design and thank you for the step by step x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous use of colour on this beautiful card
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your technique for creating the wonderful colors on this card:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great design! And I love the embossed sentiment on the vellum.

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)