Tuesday, January 01, 2019

{Spotlight Project} Monika Re-discovers Aperture Cards - Part 1


Happy New Year STAMPlorations Friends! It's Monika here sharing an aperture card which is perfect for those new year's resolutions. I am using the current stamp club set Positive Vibes, and was inspired by one of its sentiments.



As usually, I had a bit of an idea and simply went with the flow. Here is how it came about.

On the front of my base card, I lightly drew a heart shape with a little help from a nesting die. You can, of course do this free-hand, if you wish to.


Next, I cut a piece of card the same size as my folded card and die-cut a larger heart than the one on my card front into it to turn it into a stencil.


I attached the stencil to the inside of my card and sponged with a couple of matching pinks.


Whilst the sponging was drying, I decided to finish the card front. I started off by stamping a flower in black. The idea was to have it partially overlapping into the heart aperture.


Next I cut my aperture starting off by cutting a little triangle first. I find this gives me room and space to move my scissors to cut a shape from the inside. It was not very important to be precise as I planned to distress the edges a little.


I then stamped my sentiment and used the blade of my scissors to distress the edges of the heart.


Using a dried baby wipe, I added some ink around the edges of my heart. As it happens, tings sometimes take you in a different direction. I accidentally smudged, which led me to a change in direction.


I picked up some ink and watercoloured around the heart and flower and added some splatters and doodled border.


I also added some stamped flowers and doodles to the inside and finished my card off by adding a couple of sequins to the inside and the card front too.


Here are some more photos.





That's it from me for today. If you feel like making an aperture card or a project using any of the techniques or ideas shared by my teamies in their Spotlight Posts, make sure to link up your makes with our spotlight project gallery here.

Have a lovely day!
hugs
Monika xxx
Here is what I used from the STAMPlorations store:
Positive Vibes

Fancy getting an extra 20% off the store prices, you know that you can use my personal discount code STAMPGIRLMONIKA at check out. Have fun browsing and playing with STAMPlorations' wonderful products!

2 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)