Wednesday, January 30, 2019

{Spotlight Project} Maria Combines Stamp Sets


I'm back again with one more fun project for you using the Stamp Club stamp set, Positive Vibes and one of my preferred designs - random stamping.


It occurred to me that the feel and style of the blooms in Positive Vibes perfectly complement the feel and style of Bloom Doodles, so I used both sets.

STEP 1
Gathered my supplies - Positive Vibes stamp set, Zigs and Bristol paper since Zigs and I get along best when I use the smooth surface paper ;)

STEP 2
On my panel of Bristol I stamped the fun sentiment. At this point I noticed the hearts in the sentiment and they reminded me of hearts in another set so... 

STEP 3
I pulled out not only Bloom Doodles for the flowers, but also Balloons and Banners for the hearts.

STEP 4
Then I began to randomly stamp, first with the images from Positive Vibes. Notice how I nestled the images either near the sentiment or near each other, keeping in mind that I would use the solid heart images from Balloons and Banners as fillers.

STEP 5
I then used images from Bloom Doodles to complete my random stamping around the sentiment.

STEP 6
This is what the panel looked like after adding the hearts in the empty areas.

STEP 7
Because of the large amount of black on the stamped panel, I opted to go lightly on the coloring. Another option here would be to completely color the blooms - going for a bold and beautiful look. I chose blues with a touch of yellow for playfulness.

To color, I applied a few strokes of Zig (the leaf at the right edge) and then used my water brush to push or pull the color out (the leaf at the bottom).


I trimmed the panel slightly and offset it on a dark blue cardbase. Does it make your heart happy? It does mine ;)


Hope you enjoyed my tutorial. Should you try out any of the techniques from our Spotlight posts, like random stamping, be sure to hook up at our Spotlight Project Showcase

And should you find yourself placing an order soon, I'd love it if you used my STAMPGIRLMARIA code for an additional 20% off! 








11 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)