Monday, January 28, 2019

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Find Beauty In Chaos Art Journal by Helen



Hello hello hello everyone... Helen is here. I hope you all have been having an amazing new year! It is a journey to learn and to grow. It is a journey where we can find beauty in chaos of every day life we go through. Believe me my friend, you can do it!


Today, I have an art journal page and a tutorial to share with you. I need to warn you... it's quite a long post with a lot of pictures. So... let's get started...with creating the base background.

Using a brayer, I added the acrylic paints (purple and teal) and mixed media metallic art screen ink (silver and gold). I dried each time I added layer of color with craft heater. And then, using my finger I added the white gesso to add extra texture on the page and to mute some of the colors. I dried it again with craft heater.



I mixed the texture paste and fine glitter to create glitter paste. I added it on the page using the palette knife and Rosegarden ARTplorations Stencil. I dried the roses with craft heater. But be careful when you dry the texture paste, cannot be over heated, it will bubble.



I scribbled the Distress Crayons on the flowers and then using the water brush I blended the colors. If you don't have water brush, you simply dip your finger in the water and gently rub on the pigment. It works, too.



After all colors blended well on the roses, I dried them again with the craft heater. And... can you all see the those glittery yummy roses texture? I love them!



I added some paint splatters all over the page with the Marabu Art Spray. And then dried the paint with craft heater.



I stamped the images from the Mixed Media Elements stamp set around the page borders using the VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink Pad. Be careful not to touch the stamped image because the pigment ink takes time to dry. I sped up the ink drying with craft heater so I can continue to stamp.

Next, I stamped the sentiment using the Beauty In Chaos - Says It Big Series Stamp and VersaFine Clair Charming Pink Ink Pad. And I dried it with craft heater.



Using the Shutters ARTplorations Stencil and a make up sponge, I added the blue mixed media metallic art screen ink on the page. Dried them again with craft heater.



Next step is stamping the arrows from Mixed Media Grunge around the sentiment with VersaFine Clair Green Oasis Ink Pad. And then I dried it with craft heater.



To make the sentiment quote pop up, I traced the outline of the letters with Sakura Micron Pen. This is my favorite pen to write on mixed media page. It has India permanent ink.



I added more paint splatters on the page with white acrylic paint and fan paint brush. I dried the whole page one more time with craft heater.



And the art journal page is done... Here are close-up pictures of the whole page:












Here are the list of STAMPlorations products that I used on my projects today:


    


    


Before you all go...and grab some products at STAMPlorations store, use the code STAMPGIRLHELEN when you check out to save 20% OFF on your order:





THANK YOU SO MUCH for stopping by STAMPlorations Blog today. I hope today's tutorial inspire you to start a project. Have fabulous day!


5 comments:

  1. Oh Helen, what a gorgeous mixed media art journal page! Love all the dimension you included and the fun layering of stamps, stenciled designs etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely piece! I love seeing all of the layers come together! GReat use of stamps and stencils!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful Helen! I love the colors used, and the great texture you have created on your journal page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stenciling work resulted in a lovely journal page. tfs

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)