Wednesday, June 19, 2019

{Spotlight Project} Maria Colors with the Reverse of Symmetrical Stamps


Hello there STAMP friends!  I'm so excited to share today's card with you. I used only one stamp. Yep just one. It's from the Stamp Club stamp set, Bloomdala BlissReady?


Stamping and coloring with one stamp! My one-layer, graphic, CAS-loving heart just goes pitter patter at this design. Let's see how easy it is to make.
STEP 1
Gather supplies - My first step was to shift all my new Catherine Pooler Spa inks around until I'd found a color combo I thought would work well for this design! I settled on Shea Butter, Rose Petals and Eucalyptus. Other supplies - Bloomdala Bliss, white cardbase, Versafine black ink and a MISTI. TIP: You can recreate this design without a stamp positioner if you use an acrylic block with grid lines.




STEP 2
This is important. Draw faint pencil lines down the middle (horizontal and vertical) of your card front.


STEP 3
The symmetrical nature of the Bloomdala Bliss images makes them all perfect for this technique. Sometimes it works with other stamp sets as well, like with the birdies in this post. Work first with the reverse of the stamp. Line up the left and right points of the stamp on the horizontal pencil line, with the right point meeting the pencil line intersection in the middle of the panel.


STEP 4
Pick up the stamp with the MISTI (or acrylic block). It sticks well thanks to the number of lines on the "right" side of the stamp. Ink and stamp. I inked and stamped a second time for best coverage. This is how you get the solid color image.


STEP 5
Then turn the stamp over to the "right" (normal side), align it on the solid image and stamp the detailed image with black ink.


STEP 6
Then move on to the second image in the middle row and repeat steps 3 to 5. TIP: When you no longer need a pencil guide line, erase it. But I discovered you can erase them at the end too if you use Catherine Pooler inks.


STEP 7
Continue the process for the bottom and top rows. Start with the middle image in the bottom row. Align the top and bottom points of the stamp along the vertical pencil line, leaving a little space between the middle and bottom rows. Stamp the solid green, flip the stamp and stamp the black design. Use a T-square to help align those images that extend off the edge, making sure the left and right points of the stamp are on the horizontal line. Finish up with the single image in the top row.



I finished up my card by adding a tiny sentiment from Bloomdala Bliss so as not to cover up any of that graphic goodness!  Have I inspired you to get out some symmetrical images and play?



Thanks for coming by! Should you find yourself placing an order soon, I'd love it if you used my STAMPGIRLMARIA code for an additional 20% off! 

preview-BloomdalaBliss

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely card here - and the inks and technique are fab - TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness what great stamping - I thought you had stamped onto coloured card!! What a stunner!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)