Thursday, June 20, 2019

{Spotlight Project} Wanderlust Backgrounds With Deepti



Hello friends! Deepti here and welcome to a spotlight feature. Today I am back with more fun with Stamp Club set  "Wanderlust"  For this one I decided to use the images in the set to create two backgrounds. Let me show you...


Step 1 - I started out cutting out two water color card stocks. On one of these I stamped the images with watermark ink and dried it as is. No heat embossing powder.




Step 2 - I then did some wet on dry water coloring adding three shades of pigments. The Versamark ink absorbed some of this pigment to create a subtle image background.



Step 3 - For my next panel, I used the Distress inks and stamped the images after misting it with water. I repeated the process multiple times. I also misted water on the panel directly.




Step 4 - Next I die cut the Just go sentiment and did in laid look using black foam sheet die cuts.



To add more interest I stamped and fussy cut two more images and simply adhered them with the sentiment. I also added some black splatter.

Here is a closeup into each card...



I have used   "Wanderlust"Just Go Phrase Die
preview-Wanderlust  0cutpreview-justgophrasedie

That finishes my spotlight feature :) I hope you enjoyed it and will give this a try.
Happy paper crafting!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the technique - have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, your creation is lovely! Forgot to mention that! Making note to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for showing in such detail how you did this technique. Wonderful designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are AMAZING! Love those super fun backgrounds - perfect for summer cards!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)