Tuesday, June 04, 2019

{Spotlight Project} Monika Stamps A Sparkly Mandala


Hello STAMPlorations Friends! I am back today with a gem studded set of cards. The idea was to stamp a pattern resembling a mandala using the small gems of the Sparkly stamp club set.

I thought I'd try stamping the gems in black and heat embossing them in white on pretty much the same background, simply because I couldn't make up my mind about which one I might prefer.

Here is today's set of cards:



First I gathered some supplies:
  • two top folding base cards
  • my shades of ink, Bermuda Bay. Melon Mambo and Daffodil Delight
  • the Sparkly stamp set
  • Thanks word die

I sponged my inks in a semi circle on both cards.


For my first card, I stamped the small gems in the pattern shown using black Versafine ink.

TIP!: If your stamping isn't perfect, you can use a black fine loner pen to touch up the stamped images.


I stamped my sentiment in Elegant Eggplant, die-cut the word thanks from my card front, layered it on a couple of plain white die-cuts and added them back to my card.




For my second card, I stamped the gems in VersaMark and white embossed them.


I then stamped my sentiment in black Versafine, die-cut and layered me 'thanks' sentiment and my card was finished.



Here is a look at both cards together.


Sparkly is one of the products on offer at 30% off during the STAMPlorations 6th Birthday sale. The discount will be automatically applied at checkout. In addition to this offer you can use my personal discount code STAMPGIRLMONIKA at checkout for an added 20% off. You can find all the products on offer in the 6th Birthday section in the STAMPlorations store.

That's it from me for today. If you feel stamping a mandala shape using one of our stamp club sets or making a project using any of the techniques or ideas shared by my teamies in their Spotlight Posts, make sure to link up your makes with our spotlight project gallery here.

That's it from me for today. Hope my little card inspired you to get creative. Have a lovely week!

hugs
Monika xxx

Sparkly
Sparkly-preview

7 comments:

  1. So fab how you sponged the ink to begin the card - I will have to remember this - actually I should give it a try - your card turned out lovely TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your cards turned out fantastic....amazing what can be done with the small stamped images...well done and tfs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really awesome cards! Love the colors and how you laid out the gems!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! Love how different they look because of the stamp colour.

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)