Friday, January 08, 2021

{CUTplorations Creative Cuts} Maureen Creates Amazing Non-Card Projects Using Dies

 

Hey, STAMPlorations friends! We have a brand new feature here on the blog: CUTplorations Creative Cuts. This is where we put the spotlight on the thin metal dies we carry in the store. For the next three months, we have an incredibly talented guest designer sharing projects. Maureen Ruangchamneil's projects today are nothing short of amazing. Make sure you comment on this post for a chance at a $15 prize code. Every month, we draw 7 winners, with the winners randomly drawn from all posts published during the month. The more posts you comment on, the more chances you have.

  


Hello STAMPlorations crafters! I'm Maureen and I'm so excited to be spending time with you, sharing projects using CUTplorations dies! I'm such a big fan of die cuts because there are so many project possibilities. When I saw the CUTplorations products, I couldn't wait to get started! I focused this month's projects on using the ATC Tag Builder, the Lowercase Alphabet Plate and the Clustered Hearts Die. Here are 3 ideas for you to try!

Project 1 - Love in the Air Tag

ATC Tag Builder

Clustered Hearts Die

Lowercase Alphabet Plate Die

This tag is cut in white card stock, using the ATC Tag Builder die set. I chose the hexagon-shaped top and horizontal tag hole for this project. The polka-dot kite is made with the rectangle in the tag set and I folded and glued in the 2 corners in at the top to form a triangle. I trimmed the bottom of the rectangle at an angle to form a kite. The blue cloud shapes are from the Clustered Hearts die set, glued to a small strip of paper on the back to keep small pieces in place.  

With a scrap piece of paper, I cut a rounded tag topper as a stencil, and laid it out in various positions on the tag. Taking a sponge, I used Tumbled Glass Distress Ink to make a cloud pattern in the background. It turns your die cuts into stencils! Then in black, I cut l-o-v-e from the Lowercase Alphabet plate die and added it to the tag.

The clouds, kite and letters were attached with glue, and the bottom cloud is secured with a pop dot. A few more pieces from the Clustered Hearts die in pink, a twine tail for the kite, some Stickles glitter and a velvet ribbon topper were added and now the tag is ready for any gift-giving occasion!

*****

Project 2 - Camera Gift Card Holder

Coffee Petites with CUTplorations Stitched Circle Die

ATC Tag Builder


I've been wanting to do a camera project for a while now, and the ATC Tag Builder set is so perfect for this! There are only a couple cuts to do, so you can make extras easily when you need them. I started with a strip of yellow checkered card stock and used a scoring tool for a clean fold in my paper.

Once you fold your paper, set the rectangle in the ATC Tag Builder set slightly over the edge of the fold. Run it through your machine and it will avoid cutting the folded edge, leaving you with a card. I cut a hexagon edge for the gift card topper, and taped it to a gift card. With a trimmer, I added a small black rectangle to look like a camera flash. You can set the gift card inside the fold, or if you'd prefer, add an inner pocket too.

For the front, I cut coordinating strips of paper to match the length of the card front - one in white, and a thinner one in a colorful stripe. The green camera buttons are holes from the tag topper set. I needed a cute lens for my camera so I found that the Stitched Circle Die in the Coffee Petites kit is truly the perfect size for this! I secured the lens with a pop dot, dusted the edges with brown chalk and added highlights in white gel pen. It's insta-magic!

*****

Project 3 - Journal Page Border and Paper Clip Page Markers

Clustered Hearts Die

ATC Tag Builder

Lowercase Alphabet Plate Die


This time of year is when many of us start a new calendar, planner or journal. I certainly do! I like decorating mine with eye-catching bling, and I once again turned to the very flexible ATC Tag Builder and Lowercase Alphabet sets!

For the border of my journal page, I cut a strip of gray polka-dot paper and the scalloped edge from the ATC Tag set. Using the Clustered Hearts Die, I cut 3 sets of pink and buffalo plaid paper and assembled the hearts and inner pieces across my gray border. One of the smaller hearts is secured with a pop dot for dimension, and I finished it off with a black gem in the corner.

For the page markers, I trimmed various strips of paper down slightly smaller than the width of my paper clip and to a length that would fit my journal. This time I chose the "curly bracket" edge (official term!), trimming off the bottom of my paper flag. I folded the straight edge over the paper clip and glued it to the back.

And the best part - the decorating! I used the Lowercase Alphabet letters in pink, black and silver. Representing each month is a various flower, sticker or small die cut piece, including more scalloped borders and hearts. Tying a small ribbon to the edge of the clip completes the look. This will add so much more joy to your plans for the new year, don't you think?

25 comments:

  1. Very clever projects from Maureen! I especially love the camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fabulous and creative projects. Thank you for the step by steps and the amazing inspiration x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of these projects are fantastic! I can't wait to make the camera one for my granddaughter's birthday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the inspiration for these cute projects

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the ideas. Can’t wait to try them all out especially the monthly planner idea for my sister.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These projects are so fab, love your clever use of the tag dies to create the camera. Thank you for sharing this lovely inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous. Love the camera. Great way to stretch your dies. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great projects--thanks for this die segment on the blog...so inspiring. Stay well everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great projects - with CUTPlorations - TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love using dies!
    Your projects are all so fun!
    Thanks for the tips/ideas 😉

    ReplyDelete
  11. I ADORE these! WOW! That kite tag is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea shares. I like the kite and the tail = so fun! The idea for the journal months is very neat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice ideas I like the kite tag. But the camera is adorable, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really creative ideas and love the nestled hearts and especially on the planner layout with the black plaid!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really great use of dies! The kite tag is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, all of your projects are so creative and fun and pretty! Love the idea of the kite as well as the camera gift card holder. I don't do a planner or journal, but I still love this idea and will have to think of a reason to do those clips!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love so much these cutie projects!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute and creative projects with these dies.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cute and
    oh so fun! Love
    the camera tag.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such creative ideas. I love to get more use out of what I have and these projects are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are some really pretty project's and what a really clever idea using these dies

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)