Hello everybody, Sanna here again today with another mixed media tutorial! As the year is slowly coming to an end, we automatically start thinking about the next year peaking around the corner. And we make plans. And when making plans, it is wise to write them down - our daily life tends to get us distracted and so we forget. But if you keep a little notebook with you, you will remember at least some of your ideas and plans. That´s what I did - I altered the covers and now the notebook is ready to hold thoughts, ideas and dreams :).
Here is how I created the covers:
1. Cut two slightly smaller pieces of corrugated cardboard than your notebook size.
2. Take white, turquoise and yellow green (or whatever colors you prefer!!!) acrylic paint and apply random layers onto the cardboard pieces with a palette knife. Let dry. Then add green and brown spray ink droplets and drips onto the surface.
3. Take the Art Splatters stencil and apply some iridescent creative medium thru it onto the pieces.
4. Next apply some Glossy Accents on top of the Splatters and adhere Art Stones onto those areas.
5. Take the same green and brown spray ink colors and apply those onto the art stones - the stones absorb the color and will look more interesting this way.
6. Take the Droplets Mini stencil and apply light blue acrylic paint with a foam brush thru the stencil onto the surface. Just random bits and bobs for interest. It does not matter if the result is not "perfect".
7. Apply some more green spray ink splatters for interest if you feel like it.
8. Take the Bubbles Mini stencil and apply some relief modeling paste thru it onto the surfaces. Let dry.
9. Decorate with stickers, wood veneer and cork pieces. Then adhere a ribbon onto the book cover and place the altered cardboard pieces on top of the adhered ribbons. Let dry.
Here is a start-to-finish video for additional inspiration - hope you like it!