Friday, December 30, 2016

The Artists that Made 2016 a Great Year for STAMPlorations + A Surprise :o)

Hey, STAMPlorations friends! Things have been a little quiet around here on the blog. Behind the scenes, though, we're hard at work and busy preparing for 2017! Expect to see some changes here and in the store -- all for the better -- in the new year. We're going to slowly roll those changes out and announce them.

For now, however, I'd like to take this opportunity to do a little year-in-review by putting the spotlight on the girls in the STAMPlorations design team. They make our products shine and without their creative talent, our little company will not be thriving the way it's thriving today. 

Kathryn, who'll someday be designing stamps for STAMPlorations, sums up how I feel every time I see the projects the STAMPlorations girls make:


I thought I'd pick my 3 favorites from the projects made by each of the girls this year. Be warned...this is a long and photo-heavy post but I hope you'll scroll down to the end because it's worth it and there's a surprise :o)

Amy creates fabulous altered projects and bold ATCs.
    

Asmah creates some of the most artistic and deliciously layered page layouts,  art journal pages, and altered projects.
  

Becca creates wonderfully distressed layered cards and mixed media artwork.
  


Carol creates mixed media projects with beautiful and rich colors and textures.
     

Carol always amazes me with her superb sponging and perfectly CAS cards.
    

Cornelia comes up with fun and amazing designs, whether it's for the Inspiration Project posts or her Spotlight Projects
  


Deepti's projects are always so artsy they make me let out a happy sigh every single time.
  


Elaine creates stunning cards with plenty of interest and she rocks our flower stamps.
  

I love Harriet's versatility when it comes to cardmaking.
  

Jessica's cardmaking style has wowed me from the beginning.
 


I didn't think of this before but I realize I've always looked forward to seeing the flower cards that Julie makes for our monthly challenge (because they always leave me with my mouth hanging open).
  


I love Karola's cardmaking style and she effortlessly switches from ultra-CAS cards to full-on artsy.
  


Kathy creates wonderfully layered cards and jaw-dropping tags.
  


When it comes to coloring using Spectrum Noir markers and colored pencils, Kim's the queen.
  


I just love how Ksenija creates soft, feminine cards, and her inking/sponging leaves me in awe. 



I've yet to see anyone rival LauraJane when it comes to coloring with Zigs and watercolor pencils.



Although Lee-Anne went on hiatus middle of the year, she made many fabulous mixed media projects at the beginning of the year that I simply love (and miss seeing more from her).
  

Linda's wonderful CAS cards always leave me in awe.
  

I love how Lisa can go from soft to bold in her projects and I find that I'm drawn to her projects that have my favorite colors.



Lynne's mixed media projects are full of amazing layers, textures, and depth.


Maria is always on trend and makes the most chic cards around.
  

MariLynn creates mixed media projects with amazing layers and textures.
    

Melissa creates mixed media projects that are not only visually appealing but functional too!



Monika comes up with the coolest mixed media projects that I'm always amazed!



Sanna's creations have a fun, artsy style that I have always adored.
  



Sari has mad coloring skills and I love her mixed media projects that showcase her bold style.
    

Shirley is so good at creating works-of-art using Distress inks and Brushos it borders on the ridiculous -- in a good way, of course!)



I love Stephanie's clean and simple style and her great eye for color combos.
  


Suchi's cards are always fun and artsy, and she's got mad watercoloring skills.

  

Susanne's mixed media canvases are bold and never fail to leave me in awe.
  

Tanja creates amazing tags, fun cards, and awesome mixed media projects.
  


Tenia has a style so trendy and artsy that I can spot a "Tenia card" miles away.
  

Toni masterfully combines color and design in every card.
  



Vicki's cards and tags are always bold and eye-catching.
  

Wei Wei's cards are a visual feast and her use of techniques is flawless.
    


WHEW! That's all there is. I gotta say (and I always say it -- even when it's just me I'm talking to) that you will never see a collection of jaw-dropping, gorgeous, and amazing projects in one place except here on the STAMPlorations blog, and it's all because I've got a super ensemble cast of artists!

Now you know why even the youngest STAMP boss around uttered those two words. (Go ahead...press the play button again. It's the best 2-second video you'll ever watch this year.)



So well, when you're done pressing the replay button, I have something that'll make any crafter happy: a grab bag of stamps and dies that are so new, I haven't added them to the store yet.



Just leave a comment on this post and tell us how the STAMPlorations girls have inspired you in 2016. I'll draw 3 lucky commenters to win a grab bag each (each bag has at least $25 worth of new products in it). Commenting closes on Friday, January 6, at 11:55 p.m. Pacific. Winners will be announced in the December winners post that will be published here on the blog on January 10.

Have a wonderful 2017, everyone! And thank you for your support throughout the year!




PS: Our end-of-year sale ends tomorrow, December 31, at 11:55 p.m.!

46 comments:

  1. What an absolutely amazing selection from your very talented design team. My faves are possibly Linda's as I like her cas style. Then again Toni's are so professional, I am inspired by her work as well.

    Sending best wishes for a happy and healthy New Year to all the team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - these are incredibly talented designers! I love the card ideas, the tag ideas, the scrapbook layouts! Everything from simple stamping to mixed media collages!! So many wonderful ideas! What a cutie and WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how you were able to pick only three from each DT member! lol I think the DT inspired me to be a little more artsy with my cards. And in 2017, I'm feeling inspired to do more mixed media. Happy New Year to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! What a great collection of beautiful projects. The design team is truly gifted. I am inspired by the wide variety of styles showcased by the DT. Being a relative newbie I am dabbling in different styles, learning and mixing and matching so stamplorations offers a good mix of styles for me to be inspired by. I love the mixed media creations and tutorials that you have. Heres wishing you a happy new year.
    Cheers
    preety

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kat knows what she is talking about WOW! is correct. Don't know how you picked just 3 as the Teams talents have no bounds. Always a pleasure to pop in here daily to see what the girls have produced - never disappointed. So looking forward to being among such talent in the New Year. Thanks again Shery. Happy New Year to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of the STAMPlorations girls inspire me in many ways in 2016 with their watercolorig, coloring, cardmaking technique, and mixed media projects and tutorials! I love each of their unique skill and style as you mentioned.

    Wishing you & your lovely family, a Happy and Blessed New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a blessing and an honor to design with the best products and with the best designers Thank you Shery for the awesome opportunity. Blessings for the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That had to be a tough thing to just pick out 3 projects from each member. All of these are fantastic-and so are the other projects. I love to see what the team creates for your different challenges. I love to see the different ways they use stencils. And one thing that sticks to my brain is the black out poetry. I have that on my to-do list. A very cool technique that I learned here. I am excited to be inspired in 2017. Keep up the beautiful work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, seeing all these amazing creations all in one post reminds me what a great design team you have! Your designers inspire me to take chances and get messy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW is right! She nailed it!
    So many awesome projects! This group inspires me! Their innovative use of your stencils, stamps and dies is always a treat to check out! Wishing all of you a Happy New Year, filled with much creative bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Stamplorations DT is some of the most inspiring creators in blogland. Every time I check out any of their blogs or this one, I am inspired to create! I am never bored with the variety of designs using the same stamps/dies...I just love every one!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stamploration Team is the best team ever with so much talent!
    Really fab techniques and you designer always come up with new ideas with step by step tutorial:) It's very hard to choose 3 fave pics of every designer, but you nailed it!
    Wishing you and your team a very Happy New year filled with more joy, health and happiness with lots of crafty goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with the little darlin' in the video - Wow! I have so enjoyed the inspiration from the team this year; cards that can be CASED and so many CAS cards. A big "thank you" to the team. I look forward to another year of wonderful ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your team! Their inspiring projects and your fabulous products are what entice me to WANT to create with your stamps, dies and stencils. Keep up the good work and thank you ladies for all your hard work. I know it's no easy task, producing first rate art, week after week. You all make it look effortless.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You at so right Shery, this is a blog with a difference and I haven't seen so many inspiring makes in so many different styles in a year. Your long post is proof of that, as well as proof of your energy and dedication to this fabulous blog. Stamplorations is my crafting discovery of 2016 and I am so glad I did. I now look forward to 2017... and wish you all the best, to you and your family, for the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kat knows what she is talking about WOW! This is truth.
    Don't know how you picked just 3 as the Teams talents have no bounds. Always a pleasure to pop in here to see what the girls have produced - never disappointed.
    Your inspiring projects and your fabulous products are what entice me to WANT to create with these stamps, dies and stencils.
    So looking forward to being among such talent in the New Year. Thanks again Shery. Happy New Year to you all.
    CU in 2017 hellerlittle

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is very pretty to see. Beautiful blogpost.
    Wht inspire me, are the mixed media creations. I try to do that also but most of the time it is going into the bin. I am not satified and when I see some of creations....They are much beautifully than mine. I can not right to combine the colours and stamps. I do not giving it up. keep on trying and practice....
    Wishing you and your team all the best in new year. Good luck and keep on going with the things you all do.

    ReplyDelete
  18. great post, love to see again some work by your talented DT, they made fantastic work in 2016 and they are so creative...there are so many ideas to pick
    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow!!! Simply Amazing.. You have awesome team Shery...there were so many inspiration all year along..Love the vibrant, colorful ideas.All the best for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness - just to marvel at all of the lovely work by the design team - how on earth can one pick a favorite? They truly inspire and make me want to CRAFT1 Cornelia inspires me with her snowman scene as I am truly a snowman freak! Just looking at Susanne work makes me smile and wonder - "Can I do that!!" SO beautiful --- And Vicki's Merry Christmas Bell creation is stunning - all of the Designers do lovely work - these are some that really inspire me to get busy and do more crafting - thank you for the display! Happy New year 2017 - I wish above all else that you be in good health and prosper - blessings

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow, what an amazing selection, really breathtaking. I am totally happy that I discovered Stamplorations this year - you have a great DT and your creations inspire me in so many new ways - a big thank you!
    Happy New Year to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh how PRECIOUS is Kathryn and such a great 'WOW' too!!!! She's growing so fast! Thanks bunches Shery for sharing Kathryn and for the WONDERFUL review of all the CREATIVITY favorites. I so enjoyed seeing them. And thank you to ALL the DT for your faithfulness in creating such inspirations. You just amaze me - with your artwork and the way you give your ALL each and every day. I love watching and admiring. HAPPY BLESSED 2017 to you all. Big hugs. j.

    ReplyDelete
  23. How fun that you highlighted your team! I selected up a few to start following in 2017 - you have amazing artists! Happy [and even more success] in 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love seeing all your DT work - the thing that I have learned the most from your team is to look at using stamps in different ways and putting together unexpected combinations - I still have a lot to learn about this, but your team nudges me along - thanks to ALL of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, what a fabulous showcase. Your designers are amazing. I love the bright and bold colours and the way they use stamps in fun new ways. It's always fun and inspiring to check out the blog posts. Happy New Year everyone and best wishes for a happy, healthy and creative 2017. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  26. Amazing...I've told you before my thoughts on your fabulously talanted design team. They always inspire me because of their varied and creative projects, always on trend, fabulous techniques and give me the confidence to try something different. Such a cute video and yes little Kathryn has got it spot on x Happy, Healthy and Crafty 2017 x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Miss Kathryn is such a doll--thanks for giving me a big smile this morning! Such a wonderful variety of work by all your talented artists! Looking forward to another creative year & wishing you much success, Shery! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you Shery and STAMPgirls for your weekly inspiration, tutorials and posted projects. I love the creativity, inspiring ideas and different techniques you use. Shery, your products are fun, high quality and value priced. Thank you for being so generous in your prize packages and donating to other challenges. Have a great 2017!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a fabulous year of inspiration from the STAMPlorations Design Team and Shery, too! STAMPlorations was new to me this year, and I am so glad I found you! Every time I got a new stamp set or die, I immediately came to the blog for inspiration...and I found it every time! From art projects to ultra clean and simple, it is all here, day after day! Thank you to the entire design team for constant inspiration! Thanks to Shery for her generosity and excitement about stamping...and for providing such high quality products that are a pleasure to use! Thanks also for being such a generous sponsor of so many challenges and blog hops...that means a lot to me and I will continue to be a returning customer because of it! Happy New year to the entire STAMPlorations family! "Oh, Wow!" says it all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very inspiring post, Shery! All your designers are great but you know how much I love the ore simpler style so my favorites are the girls creating CAS cards with your products! For me the most inspiring thing about STAMPlorations is your stamp and die designs. I also admire your ability to run your own business while taking care of little Kathryn. Congrats on all your success!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh Wow!!! I laughed out loud and watched several times Katherine's commnent :-) You were right on Katherine. I so agree..the best and most creative group of designers on any of my favorite blog challenges. That includes you, Shery! I am inspired by the colors, techniques, mixed media and much more that your designers use high lighting all your artsy, trendy products, Shery. I was especially excited this year when you added your CUTplorations line. Congratulations on an even more successful year in 2016. Can't wait for 2017 :-) Hugs and Love to you all. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  32. Seeing the projects on your blog keep me wanting to create and pushing myself to do better. Being flooded out of my home and studio in August and unable to create anything until about two weeks ago has been a big setback for me. Seeing your team's wonderful work makes me want to jump back into my own art with both feet and gives me the inspiration to do so.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  33. A lovely bunch
    of creations for
    sure! I love seeing
    all the ideas and
    different styles on
    the blog daily. Helps
    give me ideas and
    instructions to make
    pretty things. Happy
    New Year.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow is right! Awesome work from awesome designers and Katherine is sooooo cute! So right with her 'wow' too, bless her! Looking forward to another year of Stamplorations awesomeness! Happy New Year! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  35. I say "wow" too! I am inspired by the designs, creativity and use of color.

    ReplyDelete
  36. oh my, what an incredibly, gorgeous collection of pure eye candy. I love the creativity of the DT. I have love all the inspiring ideas and techniques used by the awesome stamplorations girls throughout 2016, especially the mixed media girls. I love looking at all the wonderful textures and colors used in their mixed media art and have been inspired to try out several fun, messy techniques - I still have a LONG way to go, but am looking forward to learning more this year:)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Such fantastic cards and LOs and tags and talent! Love the colors and different styles! You ladies always inspire us and for me, always pushing outside of my comfort zone! I create more then I certainly post from your techniques...perhaps someday I'll feel confident enough to share! But in the meantime, thanks for a fabulous array of tools you all create for, and Shery sell to, us and for your talents! Can't wait to use see what you have for us in 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh wow, is right! Absolutely amazing projects! All that fabulous work....it just inspires me to create, you know? Just to start playing and stamping and cutting, just do! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Happy New Year to all Stamplorations Team!!! Such amazing 2016 in cards! Love all of them!!! Thanks to all your team I tried to use different techniques and realizing different projects like tags and (little simple) layouts. Thank you for all the inspiration! Can't wait to see what you'll do in this New 2017!!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. How difficult it is to choose just ONE Stamploration Design Team member! I can tell you who inspired me to buy your products, Becca's Big Grin designs speak to me! I haven't had a chance to use the stamps yet, but you can count on seeing some in 2017! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Replies
    1. Wonderful collection! - Colorful and so attractive. You have a really great DT! I like the CAS, but close to my heart are the work of Julie and Susanne Rose. They inspired me to use stencils and use color. - (I wish to return to mix media ;)

      Delete
  42. WOW! I followed the blog all last year and saw all their beautiful creations. I'm sure it was so hard to pick just 3 of your favorites from each designer. But you did a great job. The designers continued to inspire me with color, graphics and how each one's unique style shined through. Can't wait to see what they create in 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I cannot say that only one of the DT-members inspired me, sometimes it are the colours, sometimes the layout, sometimes a technique and another time the way a stencil or stamp is used and catches my eye...so many of the beautiful projects from the DT have been a startingpoint for my own projects...

    ReplyDelete
  44. So much talent; I love to see the variety of approaches/techniques/colours used by your DT with the same stamp set. So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  45. To quote a real sweetie-pie: "WOW"! A marvelous selection of cards showcased here, Shery, and such an honour to see three of mine included in the mix. Thank you! What catches my eye: the versatility of your products that allows the designers to create with whatever styles/techniques suit them best. Your stamps, stencils and dies aren't made for just 'this' kind or that kind of crafting; rather, you transverse all boundaries. From water-colouring, to embossing, to stamping, or from CAS, to layered, to grunge - and so much more - you've given us 'universality.' That's why I love STAMPlorations: because you offer us more than ample opportunity for "EXPLORations"!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)