Friday, December 09, 2016

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Snowflake Tag by Carol


Hi everyone, Carol here today to share how I made this snowflake tag. I'm sure, like me, you're all in full Christmas mode at the minute (unless of course you're one of those organised ones...in which case look upon this as inspiration for next year 😄).


Using the Snowflakes all Over stencil and some Distress Crackle Paint, I painted a piece of white card. Once dry I then embossed it with the stencil to define the snowflakes.


Using various shades of DI I inked over the design.


Using slightly thinner card I embossed the stencil first (learning from my mistake earlier!), then reapplied the stencil on the reverse side of the card.


This time I used various Distress Sprays to ink the stencil and used the ink left on the stencil to create a negative image....which I embossed once dry and is now ready to use in another project.


I inked up the stencil with Versamark and used it as a stamp over the original stencilling then added some sparkly EP. This wasn't hugely successful but it did add some glitter to the proceedings.


I used a Sharpie pen to draw around the stencil on the first piece of card  to give it further definition. All that was left to do now was cut my tags...one large and one medium from the CUTplorations Luggage Tag Nesting dies, secured them together with a brad and added some bling, a bow and a sentiment from my stash.


I hope you've enjoyed my final tutorial for this year and hope I can continue to inspire you all to use your stencils in the coming year.

Carol x

Products used:
ARTplorations: Snowflakes all Over stencil
CUTplorations: Luggage Tag Nesting dies

Others:
Distress Ink
Distress Spray
Distress Crackle Paint



5 comments:

  1. You have definitely inspired me! Fabulous, thank you! Looking forward to seeing more next year! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful tags Carol - thanks for sharing how you have made them
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great step by step and such a pretty tag. Love the technique and how you've done the two layers to achieve this beautiful tag x

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)