Tuesday, December 06, 2016

{Spotlight Project} Becca Makes a Gift Card Holder for Art Lovers


I don't know about you, but I have a tendency to attract a lot of fellow art lovers as friends. And when birthdays and Christmas rolls around, if I don't have time to whip up something handmade then I love to give the gift of Micheal's. :) Because who doesn't love to shop at Michael's?


So today, I'm going to show you how to make this artsy gift card holder.  Yep - you read that right - this is a gift card holder!

All of the stamps I'm going to use in my tutorial are from the stamp club set, Life in Full Color.



I started by stamping the row of paintbrushes and coloring them with some alcohol markers.



Next, I cut out the paintbrushes and attached my Michael's gift card to it using a layer of washi tape.



It's important to wrap the front AND back with washi tape so the gift card doesn't catch when it slides in and out.



Using my die cutting machine, I created a little paint can with an insert already built in. I sponged around the edges to give it dimension.



I glued (carefully) around the edges of the card, making sure not to get my glue too close to my card. Then I backed it using the same die cut. 



Taaa-daaa! I finished it off by stamping a sentiment from the Life in Full Color set. It's the perfect gift card for all my crafty friends! 


Are you making special gift card holders for the holiday season? I'd love to see what you're creating. If you were inspired to try something new based on my tutorial, make sure you're linking up to our Spotlight Gallery

7 comments:

  1. this is darling.
    Everybody knows I love to be crafty
    and this would be a fun tag for me
    to use on the gifts I give.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! So creative.
    (I think I've been to Michael's at least 4 times this past week! lol).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this concept Becca - a wonderful project
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun way to wrap a gift card! Great idea Becca!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome, creative idea! I wish we had a Michaels in the UK, more especially in Bournemouth where I live! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)