Wednesday, December 07, 2016

{Spotlight Project} Shirley Makes Some Iced Gingerbread Reindeer



A few weeks ago I made this card,


and Bev of Happy Dance commented that it reminded her of gingerbread, so I thought I'd make some iced gingerbread reindeer to go on my cards.


I started off by stencilling white paint onto kraft card through the X Marks The Spot stencil.



Then I die-cut some reindeer and chose to draw around the inside of the shape with white pen rather than stamp, which gives a different outline.



Then I mounted one panel onto white card, added a sentiment from Holiday Sketches: Christmas Bells and a red gem for Rudolph's nose.



I also did a couple of un-iced Rudolphs.  This one's standing on a sentiment from Oh, Christmas Tree.



And this one's standing on a sentiment from Sentiment Builders: Christmas & New Year.



This last one proved the most problematic. There's a dark fleck in the kraft card, and if I positioned the reindeer centrally, the fleck looked suspiciously like reindeer poo! So he's standing strategically to one side ;)



Remember, if you try out any of the techniques from our Spotlight posts, add your project to our Spotlight Project Showcase .

    stmp1025.jpeg

    stmp1075.jpeg

SaveSave

13 comments:

  1. Loving the iced gingerbread reindeer, so cute. Great colour combination and thank you for the step by step x

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful series of cards...love the color combo and gingerbread

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your reindeer gingerbread cookies. I like the iced ones!! This is such a neat use of your stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the white on kraft and your iced reindeer. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute your gingerbread deer are! LOVE these cards!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad your reindeer don't leave 'poo marks' on your cards - these are fabulous - love the background and the yummy 'gingerbread' ones.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple but effective, and beautiful! Love the Kraft and white combo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the iced reindeer.
    I have the stamp but need the die (it's
    sold out - bummer).
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cool! Love your reindeer - iced and non-iced! I did laugh st the thought of reindeer poop on your card! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that reindeer! Too darn cute! Both cards are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely!!! love the combo of white and kraft and the "icing" on the reindeer looks fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your kraft, white and red color combo and textures. Such fun and cheerful cards Shirley. TFS my friend. I must get your stamp set and die set reindeer. Not to early to start on next year cards..right?!?

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)