Monday, January 16, 2017

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Art Happens Here by Carol


Hello and a Happy New Year to you all.
Carol here today with my first tutorial for 2017, I hope you like it.


I had a huge delivery from Shery just before Christmas and I've been itching to play with it...lots of new stencils and word masks and my stamp club goodies too!

I decided to make a colourful canvas for my craft room and chose a round canvas board for a change.


I dived straight into my new stencils and picked out four to use with clear texture paste... Ethnic Organic One, Ethnic Organic Two, Circular One and Hidden Hearts, all new to the shop.



Without allowing the paste to dry I sprayed the canvas with various shades of DecoArt Media Misters.

Top Tip...I use a cardboard box to spray into, saves a lot of mess and cleaning up!


I used a waste sheet of paper to mask off most of each of the colours allowing only a little overlap and blending of colours to happen.


The canvas was then left to dry overnight.

Next day I added my word mask...Art Happens.


Sprayed with another shade of DecoArt Media Misters,


Removed the mask and left everything to dry again.


Next it was time to add some details...a little stamping with some of the stamps from the Scribbly Splattery Grunge set and black archival ink. I love all Shery's grungy mixed media stamp sets but I think this set is going to be my new favourite, the mix of stamps is fabulous!


Using Radiant Gels I picked out the word here from the Sweet Home large stencil.


 Then I went to town with several shades of Radiant Gels and added various detail here and there from Mini Just Squares, Dots All Over, Bold Florals mini, Big Bloom Factory (large), Flutters and Splatters (large) stencils.


I then added some white splatters around the canvas using texture paste and the Flutters and Splatters (large) stencil...


....and finally outlined the mask with a white Gelly Roll pen.

The finished canvas in all it's glory...sadly the photo doesn't do the colours justice, the detail pictures above are a much truer replication.


That's me for this month, I won't be back until March with my next tutorial but until then happy crafting!

Art Supplies:
Others: Circular canvas board, DecoArt Media Misters, clear texture paste, Radiant Gels, Gelly Roll pen

4 comments:

  1. Lots of fabulous colour..loving the stamps and the mask you used. Thank you for the inspiration and tips x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous canvas - love all the wee details = you could sit and look at it for hours!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)