Friday, January 06, 2017

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Snowman Canvas by Tanja


Hi there, it's Tanja here and I would like to share the step-by-step tutorial for this wintry canvas with you:



  • cover a canvas with white gesso and let it dry
  • apply Grit Paste through the ARTplorations Oh my Stars! stencil and let this dry as well - in the end I got a little impatient and I used my heat tool which created additional texture
  • add color to the canvas using Prima Marketing Metallique Acrylic Paints (Light Patina, Deep Waters)
  • let some watered-down dark blue paint drip down the canvas

  • stamp the STAMPlorations Snowman onto some smooth white cardstock and color him with Alcohol Markers
  • glue him onto the canvas with the help of matte gel medium
  • add a shadow around and beneath him with a black Stabilo All pen and a damp watercolor brush
  • mix Golden Fluid Acrylic Paint (Payne's Gray) with Acrylic Glazing Liquid and paint it over the raised areas, let it sit for a moment and wipe it away with a baby wipe - repeat the process until you are happy with the result
  • I went even darker at the edges by repeating that same process with Golden Fluid Acrylic Paint (Carbon Black)
  • add some Versamark underneath the snowman and heat-emboss this area with WOW! White Puff Twinkle embossing powder
  • use a splatter brush a some watered-down Golden Fluid Acrylic Paint (Titanium White) to add some snowflakes to this wintery scene
  • when I looked at the canvas the next morning I decided that I want more snow and repeated the heat-embossing and I also wanted some sparkle on the stars ... so I added some silver foil to the raised parts ... very subtle but so pretty when the foil catches the light

I hope you got inspired.

Yours,

1 comment:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)