Wednesday, January 04, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Shirley's Inspired By Gaudí




I've made a little art panel based on the serpentine bench in Gaudí's Park Güell in Barcelona.  As soon as I saw this photo on Pinterest, I wanted to re-create it using the Stitched Snow Hills die set.

Credit: Pinterest

I started off by cutting up my panel using the same die each time, repositioning it to get a variation in the undulation, despite Gaudí's being perfectly aligned.  But hey, I've got artistic licence!



Then I set about sponging colour on them with Distress Inks.



And started stamping on each panel using stamps from the Artsy Tribal Doodles set using Versafine Onyx Black ink.



In order to add a little depth, I darkened each top border with coordinating Distress marker, then drew white lines along to make it look like grouted edge tiles, and added some white highlights.  (And stamped a few more black images to fill the gaps.)



Once all the pieces were secured to each other with washi tape I adhered the panel to a 5x7 inch canvas board which I'd painted white, and added an easel die-cut to the back.


Remember, if you try out any of the techniques from our Spotlight posts, add your project to our Spotlight Project Gallery.


  

13 comments:

  1. Wow!! This is so pretty and colorful. I love the designs in the artsy tribal doodles stamp set. Thanks for sharing :)
    Cheers
    preety

    ReplyDelete
  2. love Gaudi's work and you perfectly recreated the benches in the Park Guell!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fun project.
    So colorful and happy.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply fabulous Shirley. I love the different angles you used - great artistic licence lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a clever, colorful and fun canvas Shirley. TFS Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous 'take' of Gaudi's Park. Love it.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW... this is FANTASTIC!!! I love your design and creativity using the stamps and dies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your take on the inspiration photo! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)