Friday, January 20, 2017

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Melissa Makes a Hopeful Sign


 Hi! It’s Melissa here with a fun mixed media tutorial to share with you today. I have a "Sign of Hope" to share with you. I hope you enjoy seeing the process I used to create it.


1. I started with an unfinished board that I had laying around the house.
 2. I printed out a large sentiment onto a 8 1/2"  X 11" sheet of removable sticky label.


3. I fussy cut the letters out, being careful to create a stencil to use later.

4. I removed the back of the label and adhered the letters to the board.

5. I started adding color with distress ink, through the Shower of Flutters Stencil/Mask.

6. I continued to sponge on color using the Big Bloom Factory stencil.

 7. I continued to add color through the bloom stencil.

8. I masked off part of the sign and adding some silver embossing paste over the butterfly mask. I also sponged on some white pigment ink to outline some of the butterflies.

 9. I removed the letters/masks.

10. I masked off the "Hope" and sponged on white pigment ink.

11. I continued this process until all of the words were white, but the wood grain still showed through.


12. I outlined the letters with a silver glass pen.

13. I added some white highlights with a white acrylic paint marker.

14. I hand wrote the verse reference.

That's all I have for today. 

 I HOPE you enjoyed this tutorial and look forward to reading your comments!

Grace & Peace,
melissastamplorationsdtbadge


ARTplorations Products:
preview-stencil-069-BigBloomFactoryLARGEpreview-web-stencil-032-showerofflutters

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the step by step. Very creative and love the techniques you used on this gorgeous project x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful HOPE board - thank you for sharing how you made it Melissa.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a lovely idea and I like home made stencils, it brings something unique to one's crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab tutorial thank you and a gorgeous, happy piece! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)