Monday, January 23, 2017

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Calendar by MariLynn


MariLynn here.
My project for today is a mixed media calendar.


I started by printing a calendar using my computer. 



 I used my paper cutter to cut each month apart.



I used paper clips to hold the months together.


I added tacky glue to the top edge of the months


Next, I took a piece of  designer cardstock that had a grunge look.


I took a gallon freezer bag and cut top and bottom and along one  side It made a plastic "book"


I opened the "book" and scribbled on the plastic with cheap markers.


I took a spray bottle filled with water and sprayed over the scribbles.


You can see how it made puddles of colored water.


I closed the "book" to let the colored water mix.


I took the designer cardstock and put it face down in the colored water.


This is how it looked when I lifted it.


 I stamped on the colored cardstock using MINI MIXED MEDIA BACKGROUNDS SET

stmp1004-a.jpeg


and TRENDY BIRDS 2

preview-SheryRuss_TrendyBirds24x6


Next I made a texture paste wuth glue, black paint, baby powder and glitter.



I poured equal amounts of glue, paint and powder into an old plastic container.


I mixed it until it was the consistency of toothpaste.


Then I sprinkled glitter on top.



I took SOME BIRDS stencil and placed on cardstock.

preview-web-stencil-037-somebirds


I spread the texture paste over the stencil.


I had some number stickers left over from another project. I placed those in the top corner


I went around the edges using a marker and ruler. It gave it a more finished look.


My calendar


A close up photo.


8 comments:

  1. Wow what fabulous techniques and such a creative projects. Love the black glittery paste x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful calendar. Thank you so much for the detailed picture tutorial. I loved it :)
    Cheers
    preety

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - this is amazing MariLynn - a wonderful project. Thanks for the tutorial.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative use of non crafty products! Love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea! And it's so pretty. I love birds and the colors you used are my favorites. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful calendar and love the bird stencil.

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)