Hop along in our special stamp release mini hop! AND COFFEE is the latest 4x8 coffee-themed set from The Bee's Knees and you could win it for yourself by simply leaving a comment! Click here (ends 12/11)
***

Monday, January 23, 2017

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Calendar by MariLynn


MariLynn here.
My project for today is a mixed media calendar.


I started by printing a calendar using my computer. 



 I used my paper cutter to cut each month apart.



I used paper clips to hold the months together.


I added tacky glue to the top edge of the months


Next, I took a piece of  designer cardstock that had a grunge look.


I took a gallon freezer bag and cut top and bottom and along one  side It made a plastic "book"


I opened the "book" and scribbled on the plastic with cheap markers.


I took a spray bottle filled with water and sprayed over the scribbles.


You can see how it made puddles of colored water.


I closed the "book" to let the colored water mix.


I took the designer cardstock and put it face down in the colored water.


This is how it looked when I lifted it.


 I stamped on the colored cardstock using MINI MIXED MEDIA BACKGROUNDS SET

stmp1004-a.jpeg


and TRENDY BIRDS 2

preview-SheryRuss_TrendyBirds24x6


Next I made a texture paste wuth glue, black paint, baby powder and glitter.



I poured equal amounts of glue, paint and powder into an old plastic container.


I mixed it until it was the consistency of toothpaste.


Then I sprinkled glitter on top.



I took SOME BIRDS stencil and placed on cardstock.

preview-web-stencil-037-somebirds


I spread the texture paste over the stencil.


I had some number stickers left over from another project. I placed those in the top corner


I went around the edges using a marker and ruler. It gave it a more finished look.


My calendar


A close up photo.


8 comments:

  1. Wow what fabulous techniques and such a creative projects. Love the black glittery paste x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful calendar. Thank you so much for the detailed picture tutorial. I loved it :)
    Cheers
    preety

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - this is amazing MariLynn - a wonderful project. Thanks for the tutorial.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative use of non crafty products! Love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea! And it's so pretty. I love birds and the colors you used are my favorites. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful calendar and love the bird stencil.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from fellow crafters! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...