Wednesday, January 18, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Shirley Makes a Custom Phone Cover



I treated myself to a new phone (I was well overdue for one!!), and I bought a clear cover so that I could customise it with my own artwork using this great new stamp club set, Scribbly Splattery Grunge. Look at all those fabulous elements!


I got the idea after seeing a quick video on Facebook with glitter paper but I thought it would be nice to use my original artwork.


I started off by sponging my card with Distress Inks.  I wanted to use the brightest colours so that I've got half a chance of finding the phone in the bottom of my bag!


Then I placed the cover on the card, moving it around till I found the portion I wanted to use.


I drew around the template/insert that came with the cover, then flicked water over the area, and once that was dry I started to stamp all those lovely images.  Next time I'll flick the water first, then find the area that I want to use, because I liked the splattered area to the left, but I'd already drawn my shape!


Added some white highlights with a gel pen and carefully trimmed inside the lines.


Popped it into the case and traced the hole for the camera, removed it and cut that out.


Then popped the finished article back into the case.  Voila!


I love that I'll be able to have a new-look cover whenever I feel like it :)

If you try out any of the techniques from our Spotlight posts, link up your project up at our Spotlight Project Showcase.

16 comments:

  1. So creative and such a unique and fabulous idea. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my stars! Brilliant, beautiful AND practical! Love this!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. I've never seen a clear cover that you could customize yourself. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! Great idea to have a new cover whenever you want it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great mixed media idea for a phone cover. I Love your colors and your Scribbly Splattery Grunge stamp images. I am totally inspired..esp. since I now have that cool set. TFS my friend. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great cover and love that you can change it as you wish.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is fantastic, Shirley!!! You could start a little cottage business with this awesome idea!
    With my eyesight, I'd constantly try to wipe those fab droplets off of my phone!!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous cover! The colours are gorgeous and the stamped images too...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fantastic idea!!! You get what you want at virtually no cost!! Love the colors and stamps you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool. Thanks for the inspiration. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)