Hop along with the STAMPlorations girls in the TYPOGRAFIA In Faith mini hop for a chance to win your choice of 3 stamps in the Typografia In Faith line! Click here. (ends 10/23)
***
We have the winner for the TYPOGRAFIA Motivate mini hop! If you hopped last week, click here to see if it's you!


Friday, January 20, 2017

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Melissa Makes a Hopeful Sign


 Hi! It’s Melissa here with a fun mixed media tutorial to share with you today. I have a "Sign of Hope" to share with you. I hope you enjoy seeing the process I used to create it.


1. I started with an unfinished board that I had laying around the house.
 2. I printed out a large sentiment onto a 8 1/2"  X 11" sheet of removable sticky label.


3. I fussy cut the letters out, being careful to create a stencil to use later.

4. I removed the back of the label and adhered the letters to the board.

5. I started adding color with distress ink, through the Shower of Flutters Stencil/Mask.

6. I continued to sponge on color using the Big Bloom Factory stencil.

 7. I continued to add color through the bloom stencil.

8. I masked off part of the sign and adding some silver embossing paste over the butterfly mask. I also sponged on some white pigment ink to outline some of the butterflies.

 9. I removed the letters/masks.

10. I masked off the "Hope" and sponged on white pigment ink.

11. I continued this process until all of the words were white, but the wood grain still showed through.


12. I outlined the letters with a silver glass pen.

13. I added some white highlights with a white acrylic paint marker.

14. I hand wrote the verse reference.

That's all I have for today. 

 I HOPE you enjoyed this tutorial and look forward to reading your comments!

Grace & Peace,
melissastamplorationsdtbadge


ARTplorations Products:
preview-stencil-069-BigBloomFactoryLARGEpreview-web-stencil-032-showerofflutters

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the step by step. Very creative and love the techniques you used on this gorgeous project x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful HOPE board - thank you for sharing how you made it Melissa.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a lovely idea and I like home made stencils, it brings something unique to one's crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab tutorial thank you and a gorgeous, happy piece! xxx

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from fellow crafters! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...