Monday, August 29, 2016

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Create Art by Carol




Hi everyone, Carol here today to show how I created this folder from recycled card.

Having recently moved into a new home I gained lots of card like this which was used to package bedlinen and curtains....it looked rather useful so it was squirreled away when hubby wasn't looking!


To start I used a pretty napkin with watered down PVA glue to cover both sides of the card, this adds lovely texture along with the design.


Once everything was dry I applied a thin coat of gesso and after letting this dry naturally it was time to add some more texture. I used texture paste through the Just Squares and Square Dance stencils.


Further texture was added with the Mixed Media Grunge stamps and Archival Ink.


Now it was time to get inky...I treated myself to some DecoArt Media Misters and had to try them out! Love, love, love them....lots of inky messiness without the mud! Just make sure you let each colour dry before adding the next.


I replaced the stencils over the paste and sprayed with colour to define the texture, then added  the Tribal Triangles stencil to add more definition.


ColourArte Radiant Gels was used next with the large Fearless stencil to add some words.

  

Finally Subway Art Builders Create was stamped onto tissue and added with gel medium. I obviously used a different kind of tissue this time and the edges haven't blended in as they usually do.


I've only decorated the front so far as this was really a test piece but I love how it turned out so think I'll continue round the back too!


I hope you've enjoyed this tutorial today, I'll be back again next month with another! 

Products used:
ARTplorations stencils: Just Squares, Square DanceTribal Triangles and Fearless (large)

STAMPlorations stamps: Mixed Media Grunge and Subway Art Builders Create

Others: Gesso, Texture Paste, Archival Ink, Media Mister, Radiant Gels and Gel Medium

5 comments:

  1. You'd never guess from the result what it started life out as. Totally transformed. I like those colours together. I bet the texture feels nice to touch too with all those different layers. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Carol, a brilliant way to recycle your packaging - lots of brilliant details.
    Pauline
    x
    My Personal Blog: Crafting with Cotnob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful folder cover Carol. The colours alone are so pretty and the textures look great. Fabulous bit of recycling with this one. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous folder remake and that texture must feel awesome Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)