Hop along with the STAMPlorations girls in the TYPOGRAFIA In Faith mini hop for a chance to win your choice of 3 stamps in the Typografia In Faith line! Click here. (ends 10/23)
***
We have the winner for the TYPOGRAFIA Motivate mini hop! If you hopped last week, click here to see if it's you!


Friday, October 28, 2016

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Mixed Media Pumpkins by MariLynn


Hello, this is MariLynn with a fun project for Fall.

 I bought some little pumpkins. 


 I took a sharpie pen and ARTplorations BUBBLE DANCE stencil.
(Just a note: that because the pumpkin was round I had to keep moving the stencil to make it lay flat)


 It kinda looks like mice have been making holes in my pumpkin. LOL


 I added little dots of gold and white paint on top of the black ones.


 I finished the pumpkin off with some fibers, sequins and burlap leaves.


 I really like how this pumpkin turned out. Kind of a funky eclectic look.


Since this only took me a few minutes to make I decide to make another one...
I took some little flat half pearl stickers and put them around the pumpkin.


 I took a piece of polka dotted burlap and I used a sharpie marker and ARTplorations MERRY GO ROUND stencil. I cut around the circle and cut a circle in the middle. I added inka gold metallic rub over the top to add some glamour. 


 I took a piece of cheesecloth and poked my finger in the center to make a hole big enough to go over the stem of the pumpkin.


 I put the cheesecloth on first then added the burlap topper and then tied some lace to the stem. It had a very elegant look to it. Very different from my first pumpkin but I had so much fun making both of them. I hope I have inspired you to look at your stash and see what you can use to decorate a pumpkin.

9 comments:

  1. So fun. The 2md one would be an awesome table decoration at a Fall wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an elegant pumpkin.
    Ready for the ball.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO CUTE, SO COOL and SO MUCH FUN!!!
    Thank You for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What amazing pumpkins and so beautifully decorated - using the stencil and then further decorating the dots was pure genius.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from fellow crafters! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...