Friday, October 28, 2016

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Mixed Media Pumpkins by MariLynn


Hello, this is MariLynn with a fun project for Fall.

 I bought some little pumpkins. 


 I took a sharpie pen and ARTplorations BUBBLE DANCE stencil.
(Just a note: that because the pumpkin was round I had to keep moving the stencil to make it lay flat)


 It kinda looks like mice have been making holes in my pumpkin. LOL


 I added little dots of gold and white paint on top of the black ones.


 I finished the pumpkin off with some fibers, sequins and burlap leaves.


 I really like how this pumpkin turned out. Kind of a funky eclectic look.


Since this only took me a few minutes to make I decide to make another one...
I took some little flat half pearl stickers and put them around the pumpkin.


 I took a piece of polka dotted burlap and I used a sharpie marker and ARTplorations MERRY GO ROUND stencil. I cut around the circle and cut a circle in the middle. I added inka gold metallic rub over the top to add some glamour. 


 I took a piece of cheesecloth and poked my finger in the center to make a hole big enough to go over the stem of the pumpkin.


 I put the cheesecloth on first then added the burlap topper and then tied some lace to the stem. It had a very elegant look to it. Very different from my first pumpkin but I had so much fun making both of them. I hope I have inspired you to look at your stash and see what you can use to decorate a pumpkin.

9 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)