Friday, October 14, 2016

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Harvest Tag by Susanne



Hi everyone! It's Susanne writing and I'm sharing a harvest mixed media step by step tutorial today.


Let's start with the background. I used Distress Inks together with the round ink blending tool to color my tag. (Distress Inks: mermaid lagoon, peeled paint, spiced marmalade, mustard seed)


I use the Stars Align stencil together with Gel Medium (Pay attention: it has to be a thick Gel) to create some texture AND shine!

After I had removed the stencil I added some Distress glitter immediately. I picked just a little bit and strew it over the wet gel.



While the background was drying, I colored the lovely butterfly from the Blossom Like a Butterfly stamp set. (Distress Markers: Wild Honey, Fired Brick)



I also prepared the sentiment. I cut the Hello word die two times and covered one of them with WOW! Turkish Nights embossing glitter.


When the Gel Medium is bone dry it's time to add some contrast. I used Distress Ink Walnut Stain and wipe arround the tag. The gel acts as a resist to the ink.



Finally it's time to arrange some embellishments.



I added the sentiment which is a combination of the glittered "hello" and some alpha stickers. I adhered the black "hello" at first and layed the shiny one on top with a little shift.




I hope you are inspired! Thank you for stopping by today,
xx Susanne.

Products used:



5 comments:

  1. Stunning mixed media tag Susanne. I LOVE your gorgeous butterfly, die cut sentiment, leaves and doily. TFS all your steps..I will be printing your tutorial. Your gel embossed glittery stars layers turned out beautifully. TFS Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is fabulous! Love the texture, colours and design! Awesome! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so so pretty Susanne! Gorgeous layering! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)