Monday, October 24, 2016

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Christmas Tag by Carol

Looking for DAY 1 of our October Stamp Release Week Hop? It's HERE.



Hi everyone, Carol here today in full on Christmas mode! I've got a tag to share with you...I do hope you enjoy the tutorial.


I started with a piece of waste card I'd been using to roll off excess paint from my stencils from another project.


Using the largest die I cut my tag from the Luggage Tags Nesting Dies set....I do love the shape of these :)


Then I started adding some background texture using the Holly Background Mini stencil with some gel medium.


Once dry, I used Sparkle Medium through the Christmas Trees Mini stencil - letting the stencil overhang the tag slightly.


Once dry I added some stamping detail using the Vignette Christmas Block stamp set, then heat embossed with white detail EP,


I then used some purple distressed ink to add a bit more colour detail, which made the holly background pop. A few strands of fibres were then used to finish the tag off.


That's all from me this month, I'll catch you again in November!

Carol x

Products used:
ARTplorations: Holly Background MiniChristmas Trees Mini stencils
STAMPlorations: Vignette Christmas Block stamp set
CUTplorations: Luggage Tags Nesting Dies 
Others: Gel Medium, Sparkle Medium, White Detail Embossing Powder

5 comments:

  1. The tag is wonderful.
    thanks for sharing the directions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful tag - and I love that you started with a scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you made this lovely tag and from a piece of waste card, too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic tag! Love all of the layers and how you recycled it is wonderful! Love the colors and stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL tag!!!
    ... your waste is WONDERFUL!!!
    THANK YOU for sharing and reminding me just how AMAZING papercrafting can be, we can create great things from EVERYTHING :)

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)