Wednesday, October 19, 2016

{Spotlight Project} Shirley Stamps on Cotton Canvas



I've been playing with powders on cotton canvas.  I started by dropping Paper Artsy Infusions onto cotton canvas and spritzed them with water, then let the colours spread out, making a lovely effect.




Then I stamped the stems and leaves from Deepti's Blooming Buds set using Versafine Onyx Black.


Once the ink was dry I added a hint of colour with Peeled Paint Distress Ink.


Then adhered it to my card front.  I put the tape onto the card then laid the panel onto the card.  If you try to put the tape onto the back of the cotton, you risk pulling the panel out of shape.


I did the same thing again, this time using pinks.


Paper Artsy Infusions are similar to Brusho powders but they also contain walnut stain which gives the dark variation in colour.


Again, I added a hint of colour to the leaves and stems.


Then mounted it onto my card.


These cards are great for notelets, or you could add a sentiment of your choice.

Try out any of the techniques from our Spotlight posts and add your project to our Spotlight Project Showcase gallery.

13 comments:

  1. I like the freeform look they have. Great idea.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are fantastic.
    The shading is wonderful
    and it takes so little work.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous way to use canvas - and thanks for the hint about the mounting the canvas on cards.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's something I want to try... looks great fun!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)