Wednesday, October 12, 2016

{Spotlight Project} Monika Gets Inspired By Embroidery


Hello Crafty Friends! It's Monika here today showing you how I made a super quick embroidery inspired card using the Artsy Tribal Doodles set.



It all started off with me playing aimlessly with the stitched triangles using bright colours. Whilst my mind was wandering and wondering I must have been thinking how easy it would be to use stamps from the Artsy Tribal Doodles set as a base for simple stitch embroidery, something I must try for real one day.


Anyway, here is how I made my card:

  • stamp the large stitched triangles to form two four-petal flowers before adding the small triangle inside the larger ones, fussy cut

  • on a square base card, loosely doodle a line from where you want the centers of your flowers to be to the bottom edge of your card, add a faux stitched line next to it and stamp your leaves

  • attach your flowers in the centers only for a little more dimension and interest and add matching buttons to their centers

  • stamp your two tone sentiment from the Blossom Overture set and fold your card to finish 
TIP!: I first stamped the word 'happy' and then the words 'for you'. This enabled me to hang the words into each other, as I call it, for a nice sentiment block.

Here is another look at my finished card:


That's it from me for today. If you feel like giving buttons and stitching a try, make sure you link your project up with our Spotlight Project Showcase.


Have a lovely day!

hugs
Monika xxx


here is what I used:
Artsy Tribal DoodlesBlossom Overture
preview-Shery_Russ-ArtsyTribalDoodles StampClub-BlossomOverture-preview.jpeg

11 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)