Tuesday, July 24, 2018

{Spotlight Project} Monika Stamps A Succulent Border



Hello Crafty Friends! Today I am using part of one of the Succulently cacti to stamp a simple yet effective border. This dainty border fits in neatly with my asymmetrical shaker element using the two labels from the Succulently Coordinating Dies.




First I die-cut my asymmetrical frame using the two label dies and a matching piece of acetate using the larger label die only. Of course, you can make the frame symmetrical should you wish to.



I then used the frame and a coloured image to help me position and stamp my sentiment directly onto my base card. In the end I ended up choosing another image to finish my card as you can see.



To finish my shaker element, I attached my frame to the acetate, added some 3D foam pads on the acetate behind the frame, added some sequins and attached my frame piece firmly to my base card.



Next I stamped the succulent border down one side using only the top half of my stamp. Sometimes it is quite nice to use part of a stamp for borders or to add texture and interest to die-cut or punched shapes.



A fully coloured image didn't work for me hence I decided to simply ink up my stamp using two colours.



I die-cut my image and added some washi tape to ground finishing off with a couple of sequins.




That's it from me for today. If you fancy getting creative using part of a stamp to create a border or make a project using any of the techniques or ideas shared by my teamies in their Spotlight Posts, make sure to link up your makes with our spotlight project gallery here.

Have a lovely day!
hugs
Monika xxx


Here is what I used from the STAMPlorations store:

   
SucculentlySucculently Coordinating Dies

Fancy getting an extra 20% off the store prices, you know that you can use my personal discount code STAMPGIRLMONIKA at check out. Have fun browsing and playing with STAMPlorations' wonderful products!

6 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)