Thursday, July 26, 2018

{Spotlight Project} Deepti Works on the Background


Hello friends! Deepti here and welcome to a spotlight feature. Today again I am playing with the newest stamp club set, Succulently. For this one I decided to make the background shine. Let me show you...



Step 1
I took a white card stock panel and inked it with two shades of green distress inks.



Step 2
Now I die cut a little mask of a succulent die using a post it note, I then used it over the inked panel to ink the base/ pot in brown all across the inked panel.



Step 3
I was not too happy with the greens, so I added another shade of bright green on top and did water stamping with a succulent stamp over the inked areas on the panel.



Step 4
I then stamped, fuzzy cut and went over the cut edge with a black marker.



Step 5
I colored the image with pencil colors and stamped the sentiment in black.




Finally, I adhered it all together to finish my card. Here is a look at the card one more time...



I have used Succulently and Succulently Dies

preview-Succulently   preview-Succulentlycoordinatingdies
   
That finishes my spotlight feature :) I hope you enjoyed it and will give this a try. Happy paper crafting!

8 comments:

  1. love your water stamping in the background - such a great effect

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool idea to create a background !! LOved your card Deepti.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting technique; perfect for the lovely succulents!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a big fan of Deepti's work! This is gorgeous! I love the background she made!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the step by step and wonderful inspiration on your fabulous and unique card x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Dee for sharing your photo tutorial on your gorgeous sponged background and stamped cacti. Your colored and fussy cut cactus and stamped sentiment are beautiful final touches. TFS Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)