Friday, May 31, 2019

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Coffee Vibe Mixed Media Tag By Helen



Hello hello hello crafty friends... Helen is here today. It is my turn to share a mixed media tutorial.



For today project, we are going to make this Coffee Vibe mixed media tag with some ARTplorations stencils, CUTplorations dies, and STAMPlorations stickers.


I removed the film cover from the Clear Scraps Cup Acrylic. I added some of the Stream Alcohol Ink and Alcohol Blending Solution on the applicator tool and then applied it on the acrylic cup surface.



Repeating the first step with the Sunshine Yellow Alcohol Ink. I blended the colors together also with the help of the Alcohol Blending Solution.

Alcohol inks dry pretty quickly but with the blending solution, it activate the alcohol ink so you can keep adding colors on top of each other until you get the color blend you like.



When my surface dried, I added the stencil on top of the cup. For this step, I only used the Blending Solution to lift up the alcohol ink with the Make Marks 5 stencil.

I added the blending solution on a clean felt of the applicator tool and started to lift up the alcohol ink. It is important to use dabbing motion and hold the stencil still (or tape the stencil down will be helpful). And let this cup to dry completely on the side.



I applied some white gesso on a star chipboard. I only use my hand. And then dry it quickly with craft heater (be careful to not over-heat the gesso with the heat tool).



I applied some of the metallic gold champagne gelato on the star and blended it with my finger.



To add some texture on the star, I used the Make Marks 1 stencil to add the Aged Copper Deco Foil Metallix Gel with palette knife. Then let paste to dry on the side.



I cut out a piece of DCVW corrugate cardstock with one of the Stitched Tags Nesting Dies with die-cutting machine.



I applied a thin layer of the white gesso on the tag randomly with brush. And then I dried it with craft heater. And the tag base is ready for the next step.



I cut out a piece of watercolor paper with the smallest size of the Stitched Tags Nesting Dies and I added some thin layer of metallic pink melon watercolor paint on it. I dried it with craft heater.

Then, I added one of the sentiments from Just Caffeinate clear stickers on a piece of vellum paper and then trimmed with scissors to create that sentiment label. I attached the sentiment on the mini tag with mini stapler and Beacon 3-in-1 Adhesive.



I found some twine, enamel flowers, fabric flowers and gems from my mixed media stash to use on this tag. I added some of the items on the acrylic up with the Beacon 3-in-1 Adhesive and some with GlueDots.



When the cup was done, I added it on top of the tag with a bunch of GlueDots that I added right under all the decoration to hide them so they won't see through the acrylic cup.

And the Coffee Vibe mixed media tag is done and I put it on my Mixed Media Ring. I hope you all enjoy today's tutorial and maybe try this technique for your project.

Here are the products I used on today's mixed media tag:

      


And before you all go...




Enjoy the 20% off on all STAMPlorations products by using my code: STAMPGIRLHELEN when you check out. And... You also don't wanna miss THREE (3) AMAZING SALES at the store! YES 3 SALES!!! It is time to stock up your stamps, stencils and dies!!! Today, May 31, is the last day!

Thank you for stopping by the blog. Have a wonderful day!


10 comments:

  1. Wonderful mixed media tag, full of colour and so very unique. Thank you for the fabulous inspiration x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. It's absolutely beautiful. 

[Bunny]`

    ReplyDelete
  3. The coffee tag turned out fantastic I love the embellishments and the color combo....tfs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love the tag cut!! TFS that inspiration Helen! And i love your tag - I have to look into Deco foil jar of metallic - I have so much to learn and so little time - hehe - thanks for sharing this art work - so lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)