Tuesday, May 07, 2019

{Spotlight Project} Monika Plays With Bloomdala Bliss And Sweet Cravings


Hello STAMPlorations Friends! For today's Spotlight project, I set out to make a fun card combining the latest Stamp Club set Bloomdala Bliss with Sweet Cravings, one of the previous sets.

Here is today's make:



The Bloomdala Bliss shapes remind me a bit of doilies and doilies go well with ice cream. Right? The idea was born. I started by stamping and masking three doilies.


I then stamped my ice cream on a piece of scrap mixed media card, coloured it with markers and cut my shape out.


Next I added some golden splatters. My spritzing ink is almost empty and adding splatters is a good way of using up the left over ink.


I also added some dark blue splatters with my water brush.


Whilst the splatters were drying, I lightly shaped the edges of my ice cream.


I added it to my card and stamped the sentiment in black.


At this point, I felt that it would be nice to add some more doily stamping.


I then finished off with a couple of sequins and a touch of glitter glue on my ice cream.


Here is a little look a the the finish I got from shaping the edges of my stamped and cut topper.


And finally, a last look at my finished card.


Currently there are a couple of offers in the STAMPlorations store. Please check out the Things With Wings section, where selected products are on sale at 15% off until 31st May, and the Coffee/Tea Lovers section, where selected products are on sale at 20% off until 17th May, no coupon needed. The discounts will be automatically applied at checkout. Using my personal discount code STAMPGIRLMONIKA at checkout can give you an added 20% off.

That's it from me for today. If you feel like creating a fun card combining two or more of our Stamp Club sets or making a project using any of the techniques or ideas shared by my teamies in their Spotlight Posts, make sure to link up your makes with our spotlight project gallery here.

That's it from me for today. Hope my little card inspired you to get creative with ice cream.
Have a lovely week!
hugs
Monika xxx

Bloomdala BlissSweet Cravings
 SweetCravings-preview

5 comments:

  1. It is getting that season for ice cream - oh who am I kidding? Any season is ice cream season - a lovely make here! TFS - Makes me want ice cream - yes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card! I want ice cream now, too. Thanks for the inspiration. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card - that ice cream almost looks good enough to eat
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)