Wednesday, May 15, 2019

{Spotlight Project} Shirley Makes Poinsettias With Bloomdala Bliss


Hey peeps!  I was looking at the Bloomdala Bliss stamp set, and one of the images reminded me of a poinsettia.  I still have my Christmas poinsettia plant which refuses to give in (despite me rather than because of me!) so I thought I'd make a Christmas card in its honour.



I stamped the image three times on scraps of card (does anyone else hoard offcuts of card on the off-chance that they'll come in useful?) then coloured them with Zig brush markers


and trimmed them closely ready to go onto my card.


I almost always use black for sentiments, so I pushed myself outside my comfort zone and stamped this Typografia stamp in Memento Bamboo Leaves - and I really like it!  Must do it more often.


I added Distress Ink splattering in Peeled Paint and Tattered Rose, then added my poinsettias.


Et voila!, another Christmas card for the stash.

When you're shopping at STAMPlorations, don't forget to use my code STAMPGIRLSHIRLEY for 20% off stencils, dies and stamps (apart from new releases and retiring).

Bloomdala Bliss
Typografia Like Christmas

4 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)