Monday, May 20, 2019

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Paper Bag Tutorial by Asmah



Hi everyone! I'm so happy to be back once more and share my paper bag tutorial with you on this lovely day. I created this with STAMPlorations stencils and stamps available at the shop. Let's get started.


To begin, I gathered scrap paper from previous projects to be adhered on the paper bag to make the page a little sturdy.



I used pva glue to stick down the paper scraps which I cut with scissor. They don't have to be perfect though.



Then I lightly gesso-ed the page before I decided to layer down some pieces of paper napkin for texture.



I chose stained glass stencil for this project to create random pattern by swiping modeling paste over the stencil.



My favorite part is coloring as always {smile}. I decided on just two colors from DecoArt Media as I felt satisfied with the light background with the decoupage flowery design from the paper napkin I applied earlier on. 



Once dried, I played with STAMPlorations stamps to create random patterns from Artsy Border Maker and Trendy Butterflies stamp set near the edges. Soon after I stamped down the butterfly directly on the background, it didn't come out nicely because the surface has rough texture. So I stamped down twice once again on white card stock with Versafine onyx black ink pad and fussy cut the beautiful creatures before I glued them down exactly on the same spot where I stamped earlier.



I've taken a part of song lyric by a local singer for this page; type it, print it and cut nicely the old fashion way by using ruler and knife on cutting mat. Then I used pva glue to adhere them neatly and doodle the edges with black color pencil because the black gel pen I used didn't satisfy me {chuckle}.



Overall I would say the process did take a while being intuitive as I go along. It may look simple I think but the choice of colors and placing everything for adequate composition is what I take seriously in my art work. I truthfully hope you find my tutorial inspiring and that you would do your project with just whatever you have.

Don't feel bad about not having so much. When someone has something phenomenal than us, it's okay. A humble white paint or black ink can really make a big difference. Even your handwriting on your project will be very notable and indelible in years to come. Whatever it is, most importantly, be yourself and don't waste papers {smile}.

That's it from me. I wish you all the best in your undertakings. Happy creating you all.
Hugs and smiles,
STAMPlorations products used:
    

5 comments:

  1. I always gain a huge amount of inspiration from Asmah's posts....one very creative lady...thank you x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pretty awesome looking. I have a ton of paper bags that I have recycled from my pharmacy, Ace Hardware, etc and this would be the perfect project for them. Thanks for inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you showed us how you created - lovely paper bag tutorial with fabulous products and of course the stencil and stamps by STAMplorations - thanks for sharing and your encouraging words - nice work of art!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)