Wednesday, December 16, 2020

{Digital Wednesday} Stretching Holiday Images with Farhana

Happy Wednesday! It's time for another installment of Digital Wednesday. In today's post, we have the talented Farhana Sarker, sharing projects that put the spotlight on our digital stamps. Make sure you comment on this post for a chance at a $15 prize code. Every month, we draw 7 winners, with the winners randomly drawn from all posts published during the month. The more posts you comment on, the more chances you have.

Here's Farhana with her cards:

Hey everyone! It's Farhana and I'm back for another Digital Wednesday post to inspire you to create using digital images! As I was making these cards, I realized that most of you will be done making your holiday cards, so I changed up the sentiments to show you that you can stretch your holiday stamps! I used the Sketched Christmas Flower & Poinsettia Row Digital Stamps to make a pair of card that you can share even after the holidays have passed, but its still winter! 


I loved both the images in the card and decided to make two sizes of cards to use them both!

For the slimline card, I sized the poinsettia row to fit the front of a 3.5 x 8.5 slim line card front. I printed it out on kraft paper, colored it in using copic markers (R89, R59, R39, R29). I trimmed the panel using a stitched die, and backed it with a sheet of green paper before adhering it to a slimline card base. I wanted to make the sentiment pop so used some letter dies to cut out the word 'Thanks' from gold glitter paper, you can also use an electronic cutting machine to cut out a word of your choice.

For my second card, I used the individual poinsettia images, coloring them with the same copic combination. I wanted to add some depth to the card and added a cover die cut, before finishing of the card with a thinking of you phrase die and some sequins.

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope that you have a great holiday season! Stay home and stay safe :) 

Farhana

23 comments:

  1. These cards are beautiful!
    I love poinsettias! I used to read
    The Legend of the Poinsettia, by
    Tomie de Paola to my kids when
    they were young. It’s a sweet story
    about a young girl’s gift of poinsettias.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous designs and palettes on these cards, the poinsettia is so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards! I especially love the slimline - love the poinsettia row. Will have to put that on my next order. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are simply beautiful. Especially like the slimline card...It would work so well with a variety of word sentiments. You've inspired me to try this. tfs-stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful poinsettia cards--I like the different sizes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty and
    I love the design
    of the second card.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty cards...great way to use traditional images in novel ways.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These card's and digital images are absolutely beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the poinsettias and never thought of using the digital images!! They turned out so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so beautiful and elegant with gold die cut sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely gorgeous, love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the combinations. Very beautiful layout designs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards. I love how you used the images in different ways. I can't decide which one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the reminder about using digitals. I always forget I have them at my fingertips and then forget to utilize them. The Thanks card is great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely digital image. This is all so new to me and I'm loving the inspiration I've found here.

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)