Thursday, December 17, 2020

{Spotlight Project} Deepti Gets Creative With Coordinating Dies


Hello friends! Deepti here and welcome to my Spotlight feature. For this Spotlight post I had a light bulb moment ;) I saw this Coordinating Balloon die and decided to use it as an ornament. I am kind of happy with the end results. I made a couple of CAS Christmas cards. Let me show you... 


I have shown a step by step photo tutorial to showcase the process of making this ... 

Step 1 - I picked out three colors of card stock two for the front panels and one for the ornament. I then die cut the balloon coordinating die multiple times from red card stock.


Step 2 - I then heat embossed the mandala stamps along the edge of each cut out piece. I chose a mandala you can get creative and use anything that will add more interest or even work with patterned papers.


Step 3 - Then I die cut the sentiment Noel from white card stock and drew some ornament details using a white gel pen.


Finally I adhered it all together and added some wink of stella to add some shimmer on the ornaments :)

Here is a close up into my cards...





I used:
Kathryn's Big Wishes Coordinating Dies, Christmas Sentiments Phrase DiesBloomdala Bliss

  

That finishes my spotlight feature :) I hope you enjoyed it and will give this a try.
Happy paper crafting!

18 comments:

  1. Oh wow!!! Very creative!!! I will have to CASE it! ☺️☺️☺️

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mandala stamping really brings these ornaments to life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty ornament cards. I like the embossing and very clever to use a balloon die.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic use of that die, love the mandala details

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea and
    love the different
    looks.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so creative to use the balloon die upside down!! And those mandalas are so very beautiful. Love them embossed in white. Your color combos are stunning and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mandala stamps made such lovely ornaments.
    Great idea to use the balloon for the ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty cards! I love these beautiful ornaments! Lovely mandala designs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are some beautiful cards love how you made ornaments out of a balloon die and white gel pen this is a really clever idea thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. The mandala really highlighted the beauty of the ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Neat idea on how to combine and create the ornaments.

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)