Monday, December 14, 2020

{Sticker Monday} Sue's CAS Birthday Cards



Happy Monday, STAMPlorations friends! It's time for this month's Sticker Monday and we have the talented Sue Symens sharing her projects featuring our clear stickers. Make sure you comment on this post for a chance at a $15 prize code. Every month, we draw 7 winners, with the winners randomly drawn from all posts published during the month. The more posts you comment on, the more chances you have.

Today, Sue is sharing several clean and simple birthday cards where she used clear stickers creatively.

  


Hello! I am excited to be with you again to share some fun ideas with STAMPlorations' clear stickers. Today my main focus is birthday cards with the Happy, Happy sticker set.


Using Kathryn's Big Wish stamp set, I stamped and no-line colored the balloons on a white panel and then positioned my sticker and die cut the panel. Here is a little tip: if your sticker does not cover your entire die cut use clear packing tape to finish covering the area. I then tied the bakers twine over the seam where the sticker and packing tape meet.



My next card uses a technique where you coat the back of the sticker with clear glitter and apply it over a brightly colored panel. Using the Gift Builder 1 die to cut a window on my front panel, framing the greeting from the Happy, Happy sticker set. 





With my final card today I wanted to see how alcohol markers would work with the stickers. Good news, they worked great!


The crazy part is I wanted to make a plaid so the sticker has vertical stripes drawn on the front with the markers. Then the sticker was placed on card stock that has horizontal stripes creating a fun plaid.



I used the Circles All Over Texture plate to give my base card a little something.


I hope you enjoyed these ideas and can get a jump on your 2021 birthday cards.

31 comments:

  1. Awesome birthday cards! Love the one with the glittery present!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great ideas here - I love the glitter one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All three techniques are just fabulous!! You can't even tell that the markers were drawn on the front of the sticker for the plaid. Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas! I am sometimes at a loss as to how to use them. You gave me some good choices. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these birthday stickers! THE GLITTER one is sooo fuN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are amazing CAS cards!
    Thanks for all of the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute and colorful birthday card designs with these stickers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun cards and
    great ways to
    create them.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love what you did on these beautiful cards and the way you used the stickers is a fun idea

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice use for the balloons. I like the tip on how to hide the seam.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards and fantastic ideas! I especially love the glitter technique. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very clever, wonderful cards. Especially love the balloons one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute and clever idea! I have lots of stickers left over from my scrapbooking days. What great way to use them. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)