Sunday, December 13, 2020

{Stencil Sunday} Fun Fold Slimline Cards With Slimline Stencils, Glitz, and Acetate


Happy Sunday, STAMPlorations friends! It's time for Stencil Sunday! We have two super talented guest designers sharing their creations that feature ARTplorations stencils. Make sure you comment on this post for a chance at a $15 prize code. Every month, we draw 7 winners, with the winners randomly drawn from all posts published during the month. The more posts you comment on, the more chances you have.

In today's post, Karen Hasheck shares cards that combine 3 of her favorite elements: fun folds, acetate, and slimline stencils!

      


Here is Karen with her cards:

Happy Stencil Sunday everyone! I am Karen Hasheck and I love to design with fun folds, acetate and slimline stencils! I have combined those three elements along with some glitz for today's cards. 


This fun fold is called a Floating Bridge Card. On all three of my cards I added bright glitz with Glitz Glitter Gel from Gina K Designs and Therm O Web through an ARTplorations slimline stencil, in this case Flair. The Big Hugs sentiment appears to be floating because it is on a piece of acetate that is stretched across the bridge. Measurements for this slimline bridge card are 3 3/4" x 11" with score lines at 1, 2, 9 and 10 inches so the folds create the "bridge" and the card folds flat to mail in a #10 size envelope.



I learned how to make this Acetate Tent Card at Mixed Up Crafts and adapted the instructions for a slimline card. My acetate piece is 8" x 4" and I applied gold Glitz Glitter Gel through the Kitty Slimline Stencil. The heavyweight patterned cardstock for the card base measures 4" x 11" and is scored at 1/2, 1 1/2, 2 1/2 inches and 1/2" at the top. Here is a look at the card laying down and this card too will mail flat in a #10 size envelope.



"Best Wishes" is a die from the Everyday Sentiments Die Set. Here is a look at the Acetate Tent card from the side:




My last glitzy slimline card features the beautiful Burst Slimline Stencil with red Glitz Glitter Gel on acetate on a gatefold card. I started with a thick white cardstock base 8" x 8 3/4" and scored the 8 inch side at 2" and 6" folding the sides in to meet in the middle. After the acetate piece Glitz Glitter Gel was dry (which takes many hours on acetate so I usually leave over night), I cut the acetate down the middle so I had two pieces 1 3/4" x 8 1/2" and attached them with glue dots (behind the bursts) so the pattern meets in the middle. The gatefold card is held closed with a ribbon belly band with a Happy Birthday wish from the same Everyday Sentiments Die Set.


I had so much fun making fun fold slimline cards with ARTplorations slimline stencils, acetate and Glitz Glitter Gels. I hope my cards inspire you to try these stencils and fun folds and I thank STAMPlorations for this opportunity to share with you on Stencil Sunday!

22 comments:

  1. Fab to see these fun folds adapted to the slimline style, I'll definitely have to try adding gels to acetate panels for cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards. I like the fun folds and use of stencils. My fave is the one with the cat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards...love how you made the tent slimline card

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are such creative slimline cards.
    I really love the acetate tent card and the red
    shimmery gate fold card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, the kitty stencil is my favorite buy of the year so I just love this fabulously fun card!! I have to try that for sure. All three cards are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE GLITTER GEL! These look so cool with the awesome Slimline Stencils!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the inspiration! Love your cards. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are such creative ideas for our slim-line creations ! Fabulous!! Love the cat see-thru!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards! I really love the green and red cards! Great sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These card's are absolutely beautiful love how you put the Glitz Glitter gel on the acetate and love the shapes of them

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so beautiful. I like that they can go flat for mailing. I like the idea of the cat card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never thought of using acetate on a fun fold card! lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never thought of making fun fold cards in slimline size. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I’ve the idea of fun folds for slimline cards. I especially like the tent card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't have any of the Glitz Glitter gel but I might have to buy some after seeing these awesome cards.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Clever cards and the slimline are my newest favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous stenciling! I especially love the clear bag. I have one jar of GGG. I think I might need more.

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)