Thursday, December 24, 2020

{Spotlight Project} Shirley's Bearing Gifts


Are you ready for the big day tomorrow? Me neither! I thought I'd show you how I combined a few stamp sets to make some birthday and Christmas cards.


I started by gauging where Party Girl should be standing, then stamped her legs. I always do these on a slightly larger piece of card than I need, then I have more spare to trim to get her more central if necessary.


I actually stamped several pairs of legs while I had them in position. Then I stamped the dresses.


I used the dress from Party Girl and two of the dresses from Party Dresses, giving me six card panels.


Using Distress Inks I coloured the dresses and backgrounds. 


Most of the top part of the dress is hidden by the cupcake. I added shading and highlighting to the cupcake with coloured pencils, and diecut some numbers from a patterned background in my stash using the Numbers Plate die.


I changed up the colour scheme for the next one.


I drew in some fingers to make it look like she's holding the giant cupcake.


For the Christmas card I stamped the present from Warm Hands, Warm Hearts then coloured and cut it out and assembled the card. The sentiment is from the same set.


I added some white pen dots around the him of her skirt to make it more Christmassy.


I hope you enjoyed seeing how I vamped up these stamps. Have a wonderful Christmas, and here's to a better 2021!

Here are the products Shirley used in her project:

  

 

8 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)