Sunday, December 20, 2020

{Stencil Sunday} Three Quick Cards with Stencils and Inks

 

Happy Sunday, STAMPlorations friends! It's time for another awesome and inspiring Stencil Sunday post. We have talented guest designers sharing their creations that feature ARTplorations stencils. Make sure you comment on this post for a chance at a $15 prize code. Every month, we draw 7 winners, with the winners randomly drawn from all posts published during the month. The more posts you comment on, the more chances you have.

In today's post, we have the talented Andrea Shell sharing 3 quick and easy cards.

    

Here's Andrea with her cards:

Hi there!  It's Andrea back with you sharing three quick and easy cards combining stencils and inks.

Card 1


How fun is the Merry Go Round Stencil?! It's such a happy design and, with the inks I used, reminds me of tie dye.  Plus, this card came together so quickly! After placing the stencil over a panel of white cardstock, I used sponge daubers to apply three colors of distress inks: Candied Apple, Mustard Seed, and Mermaid Lagoon. I allowed the inks to overlap to create additional colors - such an easy way to extend your supplies! I splattered the panel with black paint and, once it was dry, die-cut it with a stitched rectangle die.



*****



I just love the graphic style of the Hello & Company Stencil! I decided to focus on just two of the sentiments on the stencil to create this fun background. I started by masking around "YOU", placed the stencil over my paper, and blended with Candied Apple Distress Ink. After cleaning my stencil, I masked around "LOVE" and repeatedly stenciled it with Hickory Smoke Distress Ink. While I did use my T-square ruler to try to get the words mostly straight, it's not perfect. For more precision I should have drawn a line with pencil, but I rather like the loose, almost organic style I obtained.


I mixed some Candied Apple with water and splattered it across the stenciled panel. Once it was dry, I adhered it to a white card. I heat-embossed a sentiment and after trimming it down, I attached it with foam tape and popped up a white, die-cut heart. A simple, graphic card that packs a punch, don't you think?

*****



When I saw the Shower of Flutters Stencil in the shop, I just fell in love with it. I sprayed the back of the stencil with Pixie Spray to help hold it in place and prevent my paint from seeping under it. After placing it over a panel of watercolor paper, I sprayed it with water and then with Shimmerz Paints' Seas the Day Vibez (The spray stained the stencil, as you can see, but it doesn't affect how it stencils). I used my paint brush to move around some of the color and then dried the panel before repeating the process. I then removed the stencil and used a damp brush to spread some of the blue into the butterflies. Next, I painted the butterflies with Olive Branch Spritz. Again, I dried the panel before adding additional layers of color, including Glorious Days Vibez. Finally, I added splatters of all three colors.


Once the panel was dry, I die-cut it with a wavy stitched die and adhered it to a white card. For my sentiment I die-cut "You" four times - thrice from white cardstock and once from foil paper - and layered them together.  I heat-embossed a sentiment and adhered the die-cut with liquid adhesive. I finished with a scattering of clear gems.  

Have a wonderful holiday!  I'll see you next month with more stencil inspiration.

20 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards, especially love the graphic ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards with these pretty stencil designs! Love that Merry Go Round stencil and the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cards! You make me want to have a play with the Merry Go Round stencil, and I can totally see why you fell in love with the Shower of Flutters stencil. I also love the graphic look of your second card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love your cards and techniques! So glad I don't have to choose a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful variety of cards using stencils.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the "LOVE" one! What great stencils and cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super creative stencil projects!
    I love the Hooray rainbow card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so pretty! Love the bold graphic look of the first two!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Am so thrilled to see such colorful cards using these fabulous stencils! We need inspiration and this is great! They are all so wonderful! The Love you, and the butterflies were my fav's!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in love with these beautiful card's you did amazing on them with only using a couple of supplies

    ReplyDelete
  11. The merry go round stencil is really cute and I love that card with it's fun colors. I have the butterfly stencil so I really love the inspiration for using it. All three cards are lovely. tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darling cards and
    love that Hooray
    card and stencil!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great ideas for quick cards. I like the stencil use.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great cards. Especially love the "love you" card

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic cards. I especially love the butterfly background card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love them all but I'm totally loving the colorful pinwheel card at the top. Great job with the fun color blending!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)