Friday, May 14, 2021

{CUTplorations Creative Cuts} Karen's Creative Takes with Cover Plate Dies

    

Happy Friday, STAMPlorations friends! CUTplorations Creative Cuts puts the spotlight on the thin metal dies we carry in the store. We have Karen Hasheck returning as guest designer and sharing projects that feature CUTplorations dies. Make sure you comment on this post for a chance at a $15 prize code. Every month, we draw 7 winners, with the winners randomly drawn from all posts published during the month. The more posts you comment on, the more chances you have.

    

Happy Fri-die everyone! My name is Karen Hasheck and I am once again honored to be the CUTplorations Creative Cuts guest designer this month! I love to create cards with gorgeous cover dies like the CUTplorations Cover Dies I am featuring today, because in no time at all I can create easy beautiful cards with them! 


I simply cut the beautiful Dragonfly Cover Plate out of a copper cardstock and attached to a black cardbase. I raised the wings on the dragonfly and added an inspirational sentiment with a New Day clear sticker. I also added a clear inspirational sticker on the inside of the card and added interest to the panel with a Crazy Double Running Stitched Rectangle die. 


*****


I love to add texture and flat design to a background by using debossing cover plates like this Wonky Stitched Grid Texture Cover Plate. The background cardstock is an iridescent blue mirror card and it was very easy to add sentiments once again using clear stickers. I die cut the Congrats! die out of black cardstock and also out of a Therm O Web's Foam Adhesive Sheet and attached gold foil.

*****


Another fun way to feature cover dies is to make them into shakers. I did a partial diecutting of the Zen Coffee 1 Cover Plate Die and added the perfect sentiment die called "It's a Brew-tiful Day". Under the acetate I used black and brown seed beads for my shaker elements. 

I had great fun creating these easy colorful cards with CUTploratons cover dies and other dies and products, and hope my cards encourage you to give these products and ideas a try! 

19 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the samples of how to use coverplate dies. I don't usually buy these, because I'm never sure how to use them on cards. Now it's not as intimidating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What spectacular cards! I especially like the partial die cutting of the coffee coverplate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cards with these pretty cover plate designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job using these cover dies to make your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that shiny paper! Your projects are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful use of the dies - inspiring!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous. the first one won my heart in particular!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, really fun cards with these cover plate dies!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards and I love the metallic card stock.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all fabulous cards! I really love the first one-the coverplate die adds such elegance!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice ideas for the cover plates. I like the shaker use and the dragonfly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW your first card took my breadth away - just stunning

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)