Monday, May 03, 2021

{Sticker Monday} More Quick Cards by Sue


Happy Monday, STAMPlorations friends! It's time for the first Sticker Monday post this month and we have STAMPgirl 
Sue Nagata sharing three cards featuring our clear stickers. Make sure you comment on this post for a chance at a $15 prize code. Every month, we draw 7 winners, with the winners randomly drawn from all posts published during the month. The more posts you comment on, the more chances you have.

    

Here's Sue with her cards:

Hello, crafty friends. It's Sue N and I'm back with a Sticker Monday post. When you're in need of a quick card, consider working with STAMPlorations clear stickers. We have quite a large selection of stickers varying from simple sentiments, to large sentiments, to bits of washi tape to colored patches. 

I have three cards for you today. Let's get started with my first card.


I started by die cutting the "happy" on a white A2 panel with the Happy Word Die. On a side folding white A2 card base, I adhered some Bits of Washi #2 clear stickers on an angle, arranged so they would be visible through the die cut sentiment. Here's a close-up


I also adhered all the "little bits" from inside the letters to the clear stickers. I used the positive of the die cut to help with placement. To complete the card, I used part of a clear sticker from Shine Bright. The sticker actually says "happy thoughts". I cut the sentiment down to only use the "thoughts" part.

Here's my second card:


I started this card with an A2 natural cards panel. I adhered some of the Bits of Washi #2 stickers somewhat vertically, overlapping some in the bottom right quadrant of the card. For the sentiment, I used a scrap of cardstock from when I was  getting used to my Gelli plate. I used tumbled glass and salty ocean distress inks. I die cut the scrap with the Kudos Word Die. To give the sentiment some dimension, I cut three more using black cardstock. I stacked the black die cuts, adhering them, below the blue. Here's a close-up.


To add a bit of whimsy, I hand drew a frame around the circumference of the card panel.


Now for my third and last card today.


I have been experimenting with a Gelli plate. I created this background with distress inks - twisted citron, peacock feathers, ripe persimmon, picked raspberry and Art Flowers 2 stencil. To add the sentiment, I wanted a spot that would showcase the sentiment. I used the Circles Flexi-template as a mask so I could add peacock feathers distress ink in the shape of a circle. When dry, I adhered one of the sentiment in the Inspirational #4 clear sticker pack. Here's a close-up.


Thanks for stopping by. If you'd like more details on how I created these cards, please visit me at my foleysfriend blog. Looking forward to seeing you again next month.


19 comments:

  1. I love your samples, and well done with the gel plate too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Sue! Lovely and creative use of stickers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you made these great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the tips on how to use these stickers for quick and easy cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the card ideas with us! Great ways to use the stickers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards - the "kudos" card is my fave - LOVE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards! I love the washi tape designs as well as the handdrawn frame.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many cute cards and I love the washi tape!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such creative ways to use the stickers! I’ll have to try the two with the bits of washi stickers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great ways to use the stickers. Love that washi tape background.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cards. Love the washi tape stickers with the chunky sentiment. HUgz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely CAS cards, I love how you made use of the clear stickers!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)