Monday, May 24, 2021

{Sticker Monday} Carol Does the Camouflage Technique with Stickers on Slimline Cards


Happy Monday, STAMPlorations friends! It's time for another Sticker Monday post and we have STAMPgirl 
Carol Mayne sharing cards featuring our clear stickers. Make sure you comment on this post for a chance at a $15 prize code. Every month, we draw 7 winners, with the winners randomly drawn from all posts published during the month. The more posts you comment on, the more chances you have.


  

Hello, Carol here sharing my second of three Sticker Monday posts with you today; a great chance for you to see how versatile these stickers can be, regardless of your crafting style.

I've fully embraced slimlines and are the chosen format for my trio of cards today. Fortunately, Shery has a plethora of slimline stencils that are simply wonderful, making creating pretty cards a breeze!

My cards follow a similar design: slimline base, stenciling, a sticker sentiment - using the eclipse (or camouflage) technique - and an extra die-cut that I felt matched either the sentiment or the stencil.  The 'how to' was the same for each one:
  • use a die to cut into the base to remove the 'eclipse' section 
  • place the sticker over top of this piece, either trimming off or folding under any excess 
  • cut two more of the die shapes, using heavy cardstock, and adhered them together, along with the eclipse piece (this creates dimension)
  • adhere my stenciled panel over a card base
  • insert the stacked eclipse section
  • added my 'embellishments.
To be honest: explaining the steps took longer than actually making the cards *grin*

Card 1
Follow Your Dreams

STAMPlorations Products:



*****

Card 2
Make Your Own Path

STAMPlorations Products:



*****

Card 3
Enjoy Every Moment

STAMPlorations Products:



I hope my cards have given you ideas for using your STAMPlorations stickers! See you in June with my third installment!

20 comments:

  1. Wow! These are great designs, I love the 'look'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty backgrounds and sentiments! Love the dies you used too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards and wonderful sentiments using stickers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I've heard of this technique before but I really like the look Great stenciling, and you did a great job of matching the die-cut to the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are stunning! I have to CASE these... I have some of these stencils!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards and thanks for sharing how you made them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these backgrounds
    and lovely stickers.
    Carla from Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, what a fun technique and great way to use stickers and stencils together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What gorgeous cards - love how you have used the camouflage technique with the stickers.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the combination of stickers and stencils.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous way to use the stickers - thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all just beautiful! I love the slimline.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice idea! I'm going to have to try this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These cards look so pretty with this technique and I'll have to take a closer look to see how it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I love them, I tried to pick a favorite and couldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great project shares for the stickers. I like the combinations used.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are such amazing creations! I love all of the stenciling.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have not tried slim line cards - but you have inspire me to try:)

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)