Sunday, May 23, 2021

{Trifecta Cardmaking} Cards with Beautiful Backgrounds

Happy Sunday, STAMPlorations friends! We are back with Trifecta Cardmaking, a fun feature wherein you'll see how the three S's in our line -- stamps, stencils, and stickers -- play well in cardmaking. Guest designer Sue Symens is back with a trio of cards with beautiful backgrounds.

Make sure you comment on this post for a chance at a $15 prize code. Every month, we draw 7 winners, with the winners randomly drawn from all posts published during the month. The more posts you comment on, the more chances you have.

And here's a nice bonus: we bundled up the products that Sue used in her first card: Lotus Love Kit - 3 products for just $17.99 (reg. $28) + free US/Canada shipping ($6 shipping to all other countries).

  

    

Hello. I am back for another edition of Trifecta Cardmaking -- stamps, stencils, and stickers all rolled into one card times three. Today's cards are some of my favorite to be created with this technique so far...


On a white A2 card base I used the Delicate Links stencil and soft gray ink to blend a background. Using the Lotus Love stamp set, I stamped the water images in amethyst ink and the greeting in black ink over the water images. Then on water color cardstock I stamped several of the floral and leaf images and painted them. When they were dry, I covered them with Wink of Stella and fussy cut them out. Placing the Newsprint Background Bits #1 sticker on amethyst card stock and  mounting to card front with foam tape. The flowers and leaves were glued over the sticker and a few Nuvo drops were added to accent.


*****



This card started with a white panel that I ink blended the flowers with three colors of ink with the Bloom Silhouettes stencil. Then I covered the panel with the Newsprint Background Bits #1 stickers and trimmed the panel down mounting it to a white card base with foam tape. Using the Lotus Love and Wooded stamp sets I stamped the sentiment strip and mounted it to the card front with foam tape.

*****


With my final card I was going for the mixed media feel again. I started with a scrap of white card stock that I stenciled the word Hugs from the Hello & Company stencil in orange ink. I then stamped some random hearts in rose ink placing the Mixed Media Background 1 clear sticker over and trimmed to fit the size of the sticker. Using the Art Marks 2 stamp set I stamped a top folding, white A2 card base and mounted the sticker panel to card with foam tape. I then die cut a series of hearts, glued them together for dimension and stamped the greeting from the Literary Caffeineations.  After punching a hole through the heart, tying a jute knot and mounting to the card front with foam tape the card was complete.



I hope you enjoyed this journey through the Cardmaking Trifecta and will plan on challenging yourself. Thanks for stopping by, Sue.

*****



    • Lotus Love stamp set ($15)
    • Delicate Links 10mil stencil ($6)
    • Newspring Background Bits #1 clear stickers ($7)

Want this fun kit? It's only $17.99 (36% off) + free US and Canada shipping ($6 shipping to other countries). Want just one product or a couple from the kit? They're available to purchase individually in the store. However, the kit is the best value!

19 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing how you made these wonderful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty cards! Nice use of the stamps, stencils and stickers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love the cards and techniques. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are so beautiful! I love them all and especially the first one with the lotus flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the middle card best, but they are all so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice ideas for combination of the elements. Great backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW these are wonderful - love the sympathy card in particular
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. The flowers are just beautiful. I especially like the Lotus flower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful lotus flower and I love the background bits sticker!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the lotus card .. beautiful stenciled background, clever use of the sticker, and lovely fussy-cut flowers -- add the Wink of Stella probably looks amazing in person.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, these are gorgeous and I LOVE the beautiful lotus design in purple!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How amazing to be able to use all three products to make these cards! I really like the combo of lotus flower and text sticker!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cards, Love the look of the soft gray ink stenciled on the Lotus card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous cards! I love the use of the sticker over the stenciling!

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely cards - the first one is my favorite - so creative

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all the backgrounds and tutorials.

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)