Thursday, June 10, 2021

{Spotlight Project} Maria Makes A Masterboard With Flexi-Templates - Part 2


Hello STAMP friends! I'm back today with with two more cards made with my masterboard I created with Flexi Templates. I hope you saw my last Spotlight where I created the masterboard and then made two cards with half of it. Today I'm sharing the other two cards.


STEP 1
To recap... I inked a rainbow of distress inks through my mask made by taping together three Flexi Templates.






STEP 2

Thinking the masterboard wasn't "full" enough , I added some more ovals. More yellow ones.


Five more reds (avoiding green).


And then even two blues (avoiding orange).


STEP 3
So. What to do with this lovely piece of cardstock? I cut it in half. On one half I stamped Art Marks and made two cards. (See my May Spotlight post.)


STEP 4
Today's two cards were made with the remaining half of the masterboard and die cuts.


STEP 5
For the first card I imperfectly applied gold embossing paste over a stencil.



STEP 6
For the other card I first die cut "you" from the panel.


STEP 7
Then I adhered a cover plate die cut (I had this one in leftovers so I didn't use the birthday cake you might have noticed in my first photo) over the panel. I think the larger open spaces on these blooms work better with the ovals.

On the die cut "you" I added a gold heat embossed sentiment on black which I later replaced with one embossed on white ;)


I adhered the "you" over the white area where I'd cut it from the panel! Camouflage die cutting with a little twist! The inside reads "happy mail."








Hope I've inspired you to give the Flexi Templates a try, whether on a card or on a masterboard. If you should you find yourself placing an order anytime soon, I'd really appreciate if you used my STAMPGIRLMARIA code for an additional 20% off your order.


  


    


12 comments:

  1. These master boards look like a great thing to do in an afternoon and have on stock for those card ideas when you're stuck for inspiration. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your first set of cards, and love these also - SOOOOOOO fun, Maria!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The colors on this make me wanna sing! Awesome cards! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing, you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun to see step by step. They turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what fabulous cards made from the colourful master board!!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great show of the creation of layers. I like the relax card.

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)