Friday, June 25, 2021

{Spotlight Project} Shirley's Playing Cards With A Friend - Again


Hi peeps, I've been cards with my friend Michele aka I Card Everyone again, and this time our challenge was still to use the split four technique, but also to incorporate cover plates and to use my set Layered Citrus.


Well, you knew we wouldn't be making lemonade, didn't you?

I started by building my split four sheet using the solid images from the set. The leaves and stalks were made using the rind and peel stamps (I stretched the rind slightly to make it straighter).


(apologies for the poor quality of the photo!)

Having cut the sheet into four, I set about making my cards. For this first one I added a sentiment from Happy Birthday in the same colour as the whole flower and trimmed the panel so that strips of the coordinating base card showed at the top and bottom.


On the next one I chose the other words from the Happy Birthday set in colours that matched the flowers on this section, then centred the panel on matching card.


Time to use the cover plates - this first one is Wonky Stitched Grid Texture Cover Plate. I used a crease mat so that it got a quilted effect rather than a cut effect. It actually feels as 'quilty' as it looks!


I added Feel Better Soon die cut in coordinating card.

My final card uses Circles All Over Cover Plate for soft circles on the background.


In order to get second-generation images, I stamped off first on spare card. By thinking about how I was stamping off, I ended up with panels that I'll be able to use to make even more cards - win, win!


I hope this helps you to look at some of your stamps in a different way, to see how you can stretch your supplies.

Pop on over to Michele's blog to see what she made of all those lemons and limes :) I'm off there now to take a look!

13 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great alternative use of the stamps. These are fabulous cards
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love that quilted effect with the cover plate. I'll have to remember that technique when I just want the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to give this a try. Love the idea of stamping a background sheet and then cutting it into four card bases!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards, The wonky stitched coverplate really looks like a quilt. Perfect for a Fell better soon card. Going to have to try that split four technique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. DELIGHTFUL cards!
    Thank You for sharing this fun technique :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicje idea for the set. Great way to use it a bit differently.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how she used the stamps differently than they were intended.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of the split four technique before, so I was interested to see how it worked!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, this is so very creative, I totally love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want to try this to get more cards from one technique-brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)