Sunday, June 06, 2021

{Trifecta Cardmaking} Birthday Cards with Stamps, Stencils, and Stickers

 

Happy Sunday, STAMPlorations friends! We are back with Trifecta Cardmaking, a fun feature wherein you'll see how the three S's in our line -- stamps, stencils, and stickers -- play well in cardmaking. Guest designer Sue Symens is back with a trio of cards with beautiful backgrounds.

Make sure you comment on this post for a chance at a $15 prize code. Every month, we draw 7 winners, with the winners randomly drawn from all posts published during the month. The more posts you comment on, the more chances you have.

And here's a nice bonus: we bundled up the products that Sue used in her second card: Celebrate Kit - 4 products for just $21.99 (reg. $42) + free US/Canada shipping ($8 shipping to all other countries). This bundle is available for a limited time.

  


    

Hey there! Can you believe it is June already? Today I am working the trifecta again with stamps, stickers, and stencils blended to make three birthday themed cards. I used the same stamp set, Kathryn's Big Wishes, and clear sticker set, Mixed Media Background #1, for all three cards, as well as a couple of stencils, another stamp set, and a couple other clear sticker sets. 


My first card I stenciled the Stars Align along the left edge with pale yellow ink on a pale yellow card base. Then stamping the candles in black ink on card base and a scrap of cardstock, I colored the candles with alcohol markers. Placing one of the Mixed Media Background #1 stickers over the scrap cardstock and trimming it down to size. I die cut the happy greeting from another scrap of cardstock, covered the candles and happy panel in glossy effects and mounted it to the card base with foam tape.


*****

The next card started with the Hello and Company stencil. Using just the "happy" word I stenciled the card front with pale yellow ink. I set the base aside for a minute. Then I stamped the balloon from the Kathryn's Big Wishes stamp set in black ink on a scrap of cardstock and colored it with alcohol markers. I placed another Mixed Media Backgrounnd #1 stickers over the balloon and trimmed it down to size.


 To soften the base a little, I added vellum and hand drew the balloon string with a black marker. The celebrate sticker is from the Inspirational #2 sticker set and I also added a few bits of Newsprint Background Bits #1 stickers. My final step was to mount the balloon panel to card base with foam tape.


*****

My third card also started by making a pale yellow card base and ink blending the Stars Align stencil across the card. I then took the dots from the Kathryn's Big Wishes stamp set and added them over the stenciling with pink ink. I also stamped a couple of the sucker images in the same yellow ink. 


The sucker image was also stamped in black on a scrap of cardstock and colored again with alcohol markers. Then I placed a Mixed Media Background #1 sticker over the scrap and trimmed it to size. The greeting is from the Sweet Kindness stamp set. After the panel was mounted to card base with foam tape I added the bakers twine and Stickles to the card front.


I hope you enjoy this concept and can see the real mileage you can get from one stamp set, stencil and sticker set. 

*****



    • Kathryn's Big Wishes stamp set ($15)
    • Hello and Company 10mil stencil ($6)
    • Mixed Media Backgrounds #1 clear stickers ($7)
    • Inspirational #2 clear stickers ($7)
    • Newsprint Background Bits #1 clear stickers ($7)

Want this fun kit? It's only $21.99 (47% off) + free US and Canada shipping ($8 shipping to other countries). Want just one product or a couple from the kit? They're available to purchase individually in the store. However, the kit is the best value!

12 comments:

  1. Wow are these amazing. I love the artsy look with the text print stickers so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the inspiration, Sue!!! The newsprint sticker has so many possibilities! As do

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had such pretty scraps!! These are all so pretty! I'm in love with them. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are WONDERFUL!! I love the look of layered stickers, stencils and stamps and especially like the card with candles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these. I especially love the newsprint sticker.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards, I think the first two would be good for a male or female.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great look at the kit and some ideas for use.

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)